While I was working on my paper piecing, Joe brought me a package that arrived in the mail. I got a lovely gift from Janey, whose blog is Slight Imperfections, and do visit her, as she is now showing pics of her town, which is in Northhampton, England. Anyways, here is her package to me. I got a pincushion, a lovely card from Janey, a small case for my needles and look at the heart inside, and the loveliest sachet of some essence that was to die for. That will go
in my lingerie drawer. Thanks so much Janey. I love all of it!
Well, we were off to Falcarragh today, but we have delayed the trip till tomorrow. It is needless to say still cold here, but I am about to sit in my lounge chair under my velvety, electric throw, and I will be snug. Take care and keep warm, and if you are in a warm climate, enjoy the sunshine and the warmth!
23 comments:
It sometime just nice to sit & relax & not to do much
nice package
Hugs Janice
I am so excited to see your little town quilt all together. It is looking so cute.
You received such delightful gifts from Janey.
Enjoy your trip tomorrow.
Hi Micki, Glad to see you are staying warm. It's cold and damp out here in California too. Warm hugs, Mumzie :)
This "My Little Town" quilt will be very nice! I'm really looking forward to seeing it done with the paper-pieced border.
You are so patient making your little town quilt.
You would be very snuggley and warm under your velvety lecie blanket.I am enjoying our lovely days at present round 30deg cel.
It is nice to receive gifts from our blogging friends.
I love seeing your Little Town Quilt come together, it is precious.What lovely gifts you do receive so nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Have a warm day, we are still rather cold here on the space coast and will be glad to see a little warmer temperature soon. Hugs,Marie
Very nice gifts and the little town quilt is moving along nicely. I can't blame you for staying home and under that warm, snuggly throw today!
Your little town is coming together nicely! How nice to receive a special package too!
You're making great progress on your Row by Row quilt. Nice goodies you received in the mail from your friend. Lucky you!
As I was reading your blog entry today Petulia Clark's song Downtown was playing. Brought back memories of me going to sleep while listening to it play on my little transistor radio as a young girl. Thanks for the memory.
Love how your little town is coming along and wonderful gifties....
Stay warm...
Enjoy the relaxation Micki and keep warm, we're still trying to cool off here, looking forward to seeing your row quilt finished.
Lizzie
XXX
came to your site by way of PinelandsPatches & Beadscapes.Love the "My Little Town" piece. does look like a lot of work. Will check back later to see the finished project.
What neat projects you are doing, Micki. I love that red current block! And this little quilt.
Hi Micki, I love your Little Town quilt, it's gorgeous. Isn't it funny, being mad crazy crafters, that once in a while, you just sit there and relax, without the aid of knitting needles, sewing needles or crochet hooks! It happens to me every now and then. Enjoy! Kind regards, Anita.
Well here in the "colonies" it's been a brutal winter so far. Everyone is talking of the weather. Americans don't usually, but this year they are. It's on all the blogs how cold it is.
I am working on orange quilt so that I feel cheery during these gloomy days of winter.
Your paper piecing looks good to me and since I've not tried it, I find it wonderful.
This looks like it will be a gorgeous quilt. Can't wait to see it finished.
I really love the fabric you are using in your trees in the town quilt.
Lovely gifts, the butterfly and flower fabric is gorgeous!
Keep warm and have fun in Falcarragh tomorrow!
So tiny!!! It will be very good when you are finished. I think I will stick with 6" block for now because I am just learning.
BRrr, it was -2 this am and by the end of the week a heat wave of 34 will be here for the January thaw. Cold weather = quilting and knitting for me.
Hi Micki! That house quilt is going to be so cute!
wow, who's a lucky girl then? isn't it wonderful to get gifts in the post?
I cant' wait to see your little town. It's going to be very pretty - love the colours.
xxx
Hi Micki, look forward to seeing your progress with My Little Town...I love making miniature quilts...Warm Regards Lyn
Oh my gosh, Micki - A velvety, electric throw?! I want one of them! I'm jealous.
Catherine
Micki, so sorry you have been ill-bummer! Hope you are up and at 'em again soon. Thanks for visiting and kind comments. warm hugs, K
Post a Comment