Friday night's sew-in turned out to be lots of fun. I got into my jammies and headed for my sewing machine area. Joe had bought me a Galaxy chocolate bar, which I shared with him, and I had it with my cuppa coffee.My goodness, it was yummy! I was able to watch tv too while I was sewing, as women do tend to be able to multi-task. Hey, I was up to eating, drinking , sewing, and watching tv at the same time. I got a row of my miniature quilt done and three siggies which I had to mail off today. That's when I decided that I wanted to stop and go back to my lounge chair with my infamous velvety, electric throw, and that was my Friday evening of sewing. As you can see, the dogs were relaxing on the duvet, and quite relaxed. It was cold out and stormy, but who gave a hoot.
Today in the morning, Joe and I took a 4 mile hike which looped around our village through the hills. I headed back to bed and read my Sara Donati book...a tough life, but someone has to do it. LOL
Hope everyone who participated in the sew-in had a blast too. It is sort of neat to think that we were all probably in our jammies sewing...each of us as happy as can be. Thanks to Heidi for coming up with a wonderful idea for us quilters.
Oh, I am feeling better, as you can see....I decided to also start on a paper pieced quilt from a book by Karen Stone named Karen Stone Quilts. I am ordering her book and cd and also the EQ6 cd that goes with it from Soft Expressions. I figure that I am only getting one block a month for the Carol Doak quilt from Stitchin' Heaven, so I need a bigger project to work on. Karen's quilts are out of this world, so when the book arrives, I will show you a pic of the quilt that I am doing. There are 13 quilts to choose from.
Enjoy your weekends!
Enjoy your weekends!
33 comments:
Great going girl! Wasn't the Friday Night Sew-In fun? I too imagined hundreds of quilters out there working on their projects.
Hello Micki,
Glad you are feeling better and chocolate does help..We are having fog and 30-40 now but gloomy,gloomy.. Not good without the sun.Can't wait to see the quilt and friday nites sound fun..
Hugs,
Maggey
What a delightful Friday night and great way to start the weekend.
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Hi Micki,
Sounds like you had a great night too. Ros x
Glad your felling better. Yes Friday Night sew -In was a blast! I went to my sister's house and sewed there so I technically not home but got quite a bit accomplished too!
I'm glad you are feeling better. Can't wait to see the Carol Doak quilt you will be making.
I didn't really join the Friday night sew in.....or sign up but I was sewing and what a mess I created...pulling out every step of the way....maybe if I had chocolate, TV, and a companion by me I would have don better.
Glad you had a cosy, and productive, Friday night. The siggy blocks with the harp are lovely (reminds me of Guinness)
Soggibottom passing..........have a great weekend
One of you looks dog tired. x x x
Cant wait to see the quilts in the book....I finished a quilt too last night, in my jammies and I didnt even know about the Friday night quilt thing....I am glad you mentioned Sara Donati cause I was going to ask you..."which of her books is the first? I want to order it for the kindle......
Oh, I see from your side bar that the OWOH should be starting soon!~ That is so fun to participate in!
Did you enjoy the block lotto process? I'm finally able to participate again now that the holidays are over and have posted my blocks. I didn't see any new posts from you so figured maybe shipping the blocks makes it too un-economical?
I'm a bit stymied right now on a quilt for newest grandbaby due in April. I know pink/brown, but what design pattern? IT's beginning to stress me out since it needs to be ready for the end of March for a surprise shower. Once I get passed this, I'll be fine. I try to make each one special...they are my grandbabies no less!
Anyhoo, just wanted to touch bases again. SHelley
Sounds like lots of fun and very relaxing Micki. And the chocolate...yummy. Love the photo of your happy doggys too. Oh the quilting looks great :)
You had a lovely evening.
But you went hiking, after not feeling well? You're all better, I guess. Which is gooood!
Ohhhhhhhh, I thought you didn't have Word Verification turned on here!
Ohhh, I had your blog, on my List of "Delightful Gals Who Don't Make Me Do Word Verification." ,-)
Hmmm...
Well done Micki! that mini quilt is coming along beautifully.
Glad to hear that you're feeling better Micki, sounds like chocolate, long walks and sewing saved the day. What a great prescription!! LOL!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Lizzie
XXX
HI Micki,
I love Karen Stone patterns and have a book by her- I have often wanted to make one of the patterns in the book but somehow it gets pushed to the back burner.
I am having a low key day as I not feeling great- better than this morning but not 100 percent. I had planned to go off shopping with a dear friend but had to cancel out on her.
Friday night sew in sounded like a fun evening. Enjoy your quilting time- I will look forward to seeing your Karen Stone project.
Regards,
Anna
Hi Micki,
Thanks for being a follower.. I am really liking this bloggin'... Hope to post my garden bags soon..
Hugs,
Maggey
Funny that! I seem to be able to cross stitch and watch tv at the same time, but my husband still thinks its impossible and doesn't know how I do it. hehe
Glad to hear that you're feeling much better Micki, sounds like chocolate, long walks and sewing was a godd combination and saved the day...
Julia ♥
Sounds like the perfect Friday night to me! Especially the sewing and chocolate part lol!
I can't wait to see which quilt you chose to sew from the Karen Stone book.
Gosh, that was a long hike!!!
Keep warm.
Miriam
Sounds like a great sew in, and chocolate and coffee sound delich. And yes we certainly can multitask.
well done, Jim jam session huh, I had a wonderfully productive night too, what a great thing to be doing huh, quite a buzz knowing that lots of quilters all over the world doing their thing !!!
It sounds like a perfect evening for you. It was a great idea to work on your siggies.
I am glad you are feeling better.
Pleased you are feeling better. It is nice to snuggle under that leccie blanket after you worked sooooooo hard in the sewing room for your Friday Night Sew In.LOL I sat in my air conditioned comfort as it was over 40 deg celius.
Good to see what you got done at the Friday night sew in.....
Cath Ü
Sounds like you had a wonderful Fri and Sat. Hope the rest of your weekend is just as good.
Holly
Micki, Friday Night Sew-in was fun. I'm glad you did too. I was one of those hundreds of quilters busy working on my basket blocks. I signed up for Valentine Quilt Party too LOL! Hugs Nat
Everyone gets so much done on the Friday Night Sew Ins! WOW! Sounds like a wonderful evening!
Micki dear.....I remember seeing you somewhere and thinking, "What a lucky lass"! HOW WONDERFUL that you are able to live in a magical setting such as a cottage in Ireland! You are living your dream, I suppose! That is so very lovely. Thank you Micki, for leaving such a nice comment about my writing; I really needed that lift. I just met with a professor of mine (I am in a master's program for education) but she made me feel so bad about my writing....oh well, life has its different domains. I am a teacher, but really an artist, and I will forever be learning about academia. Thank you so much for lifting me up! Please, please come again; your sewing bee sounds like it was much fun!!! Take care, Anita
This really does sound very special, the Friday night sew-in. Might join one day, but I am still not organized the way I want to, so I first want that to get off my list.
Have a lovely Sunday!
Well Micki, Now I can see you are feeling much better..can't keep a good woman down. You had fun doing your Friday night sew-in. Good for you. Kind regards, Anita.
Micki, sorry I'm late, we lost our BB for almost 2 days, I did so enjoy the sew-in, and am now having fun looking at all the lovely stuff made. Hugs xxx
Post a Comment