I have joined a crochet club. Each week, for 4.99 euro, you get a booklet of patterns, yarn, and in the booklet is each part of the crocheted throw,plus other wonderful patterns. The first packet was only 99 pence and that came incredibly with the pattern booklet, dvd, yarn and a crochet needle. I am working on block one which is a redcurrant colored block that you can see in the bottom right of the pic. I will post it when I finish it. Here is a link to the club. My packets are arriving at our local supermarket, so that is so convenient. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Extra Fine Merino yarn, and it is truly lovely. I have crocheted since I was a kid, so I was thrilled to do this one. I have to admit that I love to crochet more than I do knitting.
I will be ordering a bit next week to start a New Year's project. I plan on making some paper pieced miniatures. I love to paper piece and have always wanted to do miniatures. I just bought Carol Doak's Easy Paper Pieced Miniatures book.I am also ordering two more books dealing with miniatures from Stonehouse Publications . One is called A Few of My Favorite Miniature Quilts and the other one is Paper Pieced Mini Quilts. Thought you might want to see the site, if you ever consider making miniatures.
Hope all of you have had a wonderful holiday season. We are still in a cold spell here in Ireland and for the last several nights, we have gone down to minus 10, which is unheard of here. Needless to say, I am happy to stay cozy in our cottage.
29 comments:
That sounds like a cool thing to do. Can't wait to see your progress!
Wishing you and yours a safe and happy 2010.
Love the crocheted throw Micki, I'll look forward to watching your progress with that. I used to crochet a lot, but I don't seem to find the time now ;o).
My Son and his wife just left Dublin .... they said it was a bit chilly, they're headed up to Scotland now!! Cold there too I hear!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)
WOW......two things we have in common.....that we both love to paper-piece AND we both enjoy doing crocheted projects!!! Can't wait to see the progress you make with mini's and the crocheted blanket.
Oh Micki...
This is just beautiful. I only wish I knew how to crochet. I can't even knit but that is my New Year's Resolution. I am going to get me a book. I have already purchased a bag and yarn and needles, and I am going to learn this year, one way or another. It is my heart's desire.
I will be watching on your progress with this. I can't wait.
Country hugs and much love, Sherry
There's nothing more fun when its cold then a cuppa tea and a crochet project.. enjoy and be sure to share pic's with us
What fun! I love to crochet too, but prefer knitting if I'm watching a film as my fingers can do it without my paying attention! That throw looks very cosy...jolly good project to be doing at present!
Wish we lived closer so you could teach me to crochet, that is a neat throw. We too are having a pretty cool spell snd I am staying in and toasty. Blessings for the NEW YEAR.
PS I need to learn paper piecing too sounds like a plan.
What a pretty throw!!
Look forward to seeing yours.
Alas I do not knit or crochet.
I do have enough to do so will not be adding those to my list ...;-)
We have a cold snap here as well...hate it so cold!!
Stay warm,
Hugs,
Lola
Debbie Bliss makes nice yarn!
I looked up that OOP Carol Doak book on Amazon. $64 new and $41 used! WOW! She is the author of the booklet I used for my first (and so far only) paper pieced project. It was super easy with her instructions.
Can't wait to see all the goodies you are making!
That sounds good to me- I like to crochet and knit. Its somthing I can do while watching TV.
What a great idea Micki to do a block at a time~I love to crochet too! I always have a blanket by my chair to work on. I learned how to "ripple" last year(!)(2009) from the blog ATTIC24 which I have as a favorite on the side of my blog. Check her out with all her pretty colors~you will be SO inspired. I learned from her and I taught my mother and my daughters!
That sounds really good value Micki. Look forward to seeing your miniature too. It's very cold here too which, combined with another 3" of snow yesterday is making everywhere very slippery. Glad I don't have to go out!
Looks like you be keeping busy in your warm little cottage. It's very cold here too. It's been snowing for three days but not much accumalation, only about 4 inches.
Sounds like you will be very busy with all that crocheting going on. It is a lovely throw. Debbie Bliss has some great patterns doesn't she? I have knitted several items from her books, mainly garments for children. Nice snuggling up weather you are having, a lovely warm fire, piping hot cup of tea and stacks of wool, you would be set for a while hey. Kind regards, Anita.
that's a lovely project. Crocheted Throw are always handy and very colorful and happy.
Will wait to see your progress
I am so glad you have plenty of wonderful projects to keep you busy through these cold weeks. I know how to do a simple crochet project, but someday want to learn more.
The crochet club certainly sounds like a good deal. It is not available to us though. Good thing, I don't need anything else to do. Ha ha. But I was tempted enough to look as I do know how to crochet.
Happy New Year.
A new year is such a great opportunity to start something new. The crochet throw is so bright and cheery, it will be lots of fun when it is done. Good luck with the miniatures, I've often thought it would be fun to try something small for a change. It will be fun to see how they turn out. Try to stay warm, it is unusually cold here as well and might get down to freezing this week! Yikes.
Oh wow Micki, I love miniatures glad to know someone else does too.
I am excited to see what you make.
I had a blog but it didn't workout for me. maybe I will try again one day. I am Natimas friend.
Hugs Lynda.
Alas I can not crochet, I have tried in the past, but the pattern is just like reading gobbledygook. Knitting, yes I can do that, quiet well really, but even the basic fundamentals of crochet is way beyond me. I look forward to seeing your progress with this. Hugs xxx
That sounds like a lot of fun Micki... i love crocheting... my grandmother taught me many years ago... she was left handed and i am not but still i learnt ok... wow that is cold in Ireland... a lot different to here in Australia at the moment... Hugs Lois
I seen the magazine that just come out i just don't seem to be able to master crocheting can do a granny square but that about it so i guess i will stick to my knitting
Hugs Janice
Micki, you make so many beautiful things! You must sell some of them, don't you?
And now for something different, on this first Mon. in 2010... Will you please be so kind as to come over and see a different side of 'Ol' Auntie'..., on this first Monday in 2010? ,-)
Hugs...
Love the throw and it will be fun watching your progress. I have only ever crocheted squares
I'd love to make that throw, I saw it on TV. Having just received a new X stitch kit and a friends UFO quilt in the post, I dare not!! Love to you both Kath
That is a pretty throw and I see that you already have on blog done....you have started the year off right!!
The crochet project sounds wonderful, and you are off to a good start.
Also can't wait to see what you do with the Carol Doak book.
Happy New Year.
I have also just recently become interested in miniture quilts and would love to make a few. Love paper piecing too.
Wow, this looks great! I love these kind of things. I wish I weren't working so I had time to indulge in my favourite craft projects, but the weekends are all spent doing housework and running errands! Grr! I was supposed to make my daughter a dress several months ago - we picked the pattern and material, but that's as far as it has gone!
Great work, and I love seeing what you are up to!
xxx
Post a Comment