Joe and I went to Letterkenny to do our food shopping, and happily when we arrived home, the mailman brought me my batik fabrics that I ordered. Now, I can finish the Carnivale Wallhanging and begin the Harvest Moon project. The fabrics are gorgeous, and of course it is very difficult to capture how pretty they are with the camera. As you can see by the pics, I ordered a lot of batiks. I ordered the pink and purple batiks for my Carnivale border and backing. A few of them are landscape fabrics for my Miniature Landscape course that I am taking at Quilt University, and most of them are various shades of orange batiks for my Harvest Moon Wallhanging. The moon will be on a black batik background and that will make it stand out all the more dramatically. The black fabric is Michael Miller fairy frost. I was excited, to say the
least, as you all know that I was waiting, not so patiently, to receive all my fabrics. Yeah!!
Tomorrow, I will run off all of my foundation patterns for the Harvest Moon Project. I will be practicing some machine quilting also as I bought a wonderful book from Amazon called Machine Quilting Made Easy which was written by Maurine Noble. It was recommended to me by my good friend Mary, who lives in Australia. It gives you easy to follow instructions and exercises on straight-line quilting and freehand quilting. I will be doing some of the practice exercises as they are wonderful. Here is the link to the book:http://www.amazon.com/Machine-Quilting-Made-Maurine-Noble/dp/1564770745. Then, I will start finishing my Carnivale Wallhanging...It will be a busy day for me.
10 comments:
They look gorgeous Micki and won't be long before we can see it on the quilt. Have a fun day!
Your batiks are beautiful. It sounds like you have some fun work ahead of you.
I love all your beautiful batiks, Micki. I have used some other colors of Michael Miller's Fairy Frost - it was lovely fabric to work with and had a very pretty sheen on it.
Happy quilting and knitting- your classes in Dublin sound wonderful.
Regards, Anna
Nice fabrics! Always nice when the mail-man arrives with those parcels :)
Nearly there...can't wait to see it all finished...Dzintra ♣
Isn't it fun to get those fabric packages in the mail? That's a good mail day.
No wonder you have been so impatient, the fabrics are beautiful. Enjoy your book, it was the first one I bought on machine quilting. Maggi x
Yes, Micki, I see you have beautiful fabrics, too! You must have a nice Postman, too!
Hugs - Lurline♥
Hi Micki,
The postman has just arrived with the most beautiful parcel!! Thank you so much for all the wonderful things and for the thought you put into it! Great big hug!! Ros x
Those are very beatiful batiks Micki !
Post a Comment