Thursday, May 7, 2009

Carnivale Block and Quilt University


I finished another Carnivale block...I only have two more to make and then I can put the top together. That will be exciting for me to see how it all looks.

Joe and I went to Letterkenny for food shopping, and getting on and off the bus was some feat with my knee the way it was, but I did it. I wore a support bandage and did it all ever so carefully, and then when I got home, I relaxed in my favorite lounge chair watching The Ellen Degeneres Show. Great fun!

I am also taking a course at Quilt University called Miniature Quilts. Susan Brittingham is the instructor, and the course runs from May 22nd till June 12th, but the class will remain open till July 4th, so we have a chance to finish our landscaped quilts and post them in the Gallery. I am excited. You can see the course at http://www.quiltuniversity.com/classlist2.htm#MiniatureLandscapes . If you have never taken a course there, you should see the class catalog...There are lots of courses to choose from. The course that I am taking costs $36, which is very reasonable, and it will give me the opportunity to do something that I have always wanted to delve into, and do it from the convenience of my home. I will have some supplies to get, and I will order them next week. Mostly, I have to get fabrics which are suggestive of a natural landscape: sky, water, hills, fields, and sunsets, etc.

Thanks to everyone who has asked about my knee. It is feeling better, but I still have pain, so I am resting and taking care of it. I really do appreciate your concern.

7 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Micki...I'm really looking forward to these blocks being put together...they are just great colours...Have a lovely weekend...Dzintra ♥x

Nat Palaskas said...

I agreed with you Dzintra, the blocks are fabulous and the colours are to gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing them put together. Enjoy your weekend, is it Mother's day in Ireland this weekend?

Julia said...

Me too...I agree, these blocks are so bright and happy, it's going to be lovely seeing them together.
Julia ♥

a good yarn said...

My word these Carnival blocks are amazing. Keep them coming! I hope you enjoy your Quilt University course, miniatures are fun.

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Maggi said...

Can't wait to see the blocks come together. Glad you found the link useful and i hope you enjoy the course. Maggi x

Karen said...

I was looking back through your posts at your Carnivale blocks. Very striking blocks.
I signed up once for a course through Quilt University but ended up just printing out the class info but not actively participating. You seem to enjoy the process!

scraphappy said...

Happy mother's day. I'm imaging all of those lovely colors together. I can't wait to see how you make them play nicely with each other.