Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunset Over Lake


I have been working on a miniature landscape, and I finally finished it. I called it Sunset Over Lake. I used Heat N' Bond fusible to do all of the landscaped pieces and then I did a lot of thread painting with Madeira Embroidery thread in various colours. When you are working in miniature, and this one is 8"X10", fusing tiny pieces can be very difficult, but I am happy with the results.

I enjoyed the whole process, and I will definitely do some more lanscapes. I used all batik fabrics, except for the black fabric which was Michael Miller's fairy frost. I have it on a mini stand now in the living room so that we can enjoy it and look at one of our favorite times of day, which is twilight when the sun is just beginning to set.

Have a wonderful Sunday, and Happy Memorial Weekend to those celebrating it. This weekend in Dunfanaghy, we have the Seafood Festival...lots of music, seafood and festivities, especially in the pubs.

16 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Oh Micki ~ another gorgeous quilt! I think it will look lovely next to you moon quilt!
A lovely Sunday for you too!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

A beautiful sunset over the lake! On my lake, I see the sunrise, but it can look like that!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

So beautiful-serene and restful. I would love to see this sunset....

Bunny said...

Love your wonderful sunset it is beautiful. I also do love your Harvest Moon turned out fantastic.
Fabulous work. Sounds like you will have a wonderful day seafood yummy Have fun

Cattinka said...

Hi Micki, your Mini Quilt looks really nice, you did nice stitching on it! Hope you had a nice day at the festival.
KATRIN W.

Annika said...

Seafood sounds nice! And the quilt is lovely! Thanks for giving me the energy to post in my blog!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Wow Micki! another gorgeous piece!
Did you attend the seafood festival?
Sounds wonderful...

Vicki H. said...

Oh, another pretty piece!! I love smaller quilts myself. I need to figure out how to hang my wall hangings. Do you use a sleeve and dowels? I have seen some clamp type hangers, I was thinking about trying them out.

Nedra said...

Your batik's are beautiful. Have a wonderful Memorial weekend.

Four Smiles said...

This is really lovely Micki - so very beautiful and a gorgeous name for it also :-)

RG said...

Oh Micki, this is really amazing and wonderful!!
What a talent... enjoy your view.
hugs
Robyn xx

FeatherDuster said...

How pretty. I would love to try some sort of landscape piece, but I already have so many things started I can hardly justify taking off in yet another direction :O

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

That seafood festival sounds great!!! What a lovely piece to look at Micki!!!

Anne Marie said...

Hi Micki!! What a gorgeous piece of Art!!! I hope you had a good weekend -- yesterday the weather was fantastic down here in Wexford, hope you all had good weather for the festival!!

Maggi said...

Such a lovely colourful landscape in true sunset colours. Hope you enjoyed the Festival

Anonymous said...

This is a really beautiful piece! Great work!