I had a really productive day today. I made another spikey block for my Carnivale Wallhanging in the morning.
Then I decided to free motion a wallhanging that I had done before as I have been practicing my free motiong quilting a lot. I was pleased with how it turned out. It was a hand applique wall hanging that I did from a Reva Roark Stewart pattern . I love Reva's patterns and if you want to mkae one of them, go to http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_dept_items.asp?Shopper_id=623549353546235&Store_id=515&Page_id=17&categ_id=35&parent_ids=0
She does fairy patterns predominantly, but they are lovely. Looking at the site, I will have to do another one of her patterns one day. I just love fairies, I have to admit.
I was also free motion quilting my geisha quilt, and was able to get most of it done. I will continue to work on it tomorrow, and I will post a pic when it is completed.
It is so nice to read Pat's interview and to have met such a lovely lady through our blogs. What a great May Star! I am very lucky to have met so many wonderful quilters, who have luckily also become my friends.
8 comments:
Look at you, I love the free motion and the leaves on the border. I am so inspired. I am afraid of machine quilting honestly, I have done a little and I am getting braver. I love fairies, all sort of legendary folk.
My too, I love Faeries!
But come on Girl, you are just toooo toooo tooooo productive. You are making me feel like I must have spent all day, in bed... Compared with all you do. Come on Hon. Stop making me feel so bad. -grinnnnnn-
Happy May,
'Aunt Amelia'
Wow ..you do get losts done! hummmm....I am think'in you must have some of them helper fairies giving you all that energy!!!
That is a very pretty small quilt!
If we get the rain we need over weekend I hope to quilt my pretty flower runner too!
I agree with you Micki - I really enjoy quilting my quilts (even though it can be hard work). Your pointy blocks are simply amazing - how sharp are those points!
Happy Stitching...Ann :)
Again a beautiful pointy block and I love your wallhanging.
The points are very pointy...good job Micki...you are just soo productive...you go girl!!! Dzintra♥
Your spikes look perfect again, and I like your fairy wallhanging a lot!
Do you never take a break? you seem to work an a quilt everyday...
KATRIN W.
Ive that fairy, she is so pretty! My, you are a busy gal! Kath x
Post a Comment