PS: I have to add in response to the emails, that Joe asked me to make a yellow doily, as he likes non tradional colours. He said I quote, " I want a yellow doily that looks like the sun." Yes, it really does look like a "happy sun", and it made Joe smile, so that was the important thing.
Joe gave me a wonderful surprise! I have been wanting to find a knit shop where I could take intermediate to advanced knitting classes. Well, he looked on the internet and found me a wonderful place called This is Knit, and it is located in Dublin. You can see it at http://www.thisisknit.ie/. Well, they are moving location in a few weeks to downtown Dublin at the Powerscourt Shopping centre, which you can see in the pic. When I arrive at the O'Connell Street in downtown Dublin, I would have a ten minute walk, which is so nice.
They will also have more classes to choose from at their new location. Joe found out that I can take the 5 AM bus to Dublin and arrive there at 9:30 AM. I know that is a hideous time to take a bus, but it will give me plenty of time to have tons of shopping time in our capital city, and also to make it for the three hour course. I will come home on the 5:45PM bus and arrive back in Dunfanaghy at 10:30PM. The first course that I take is a two part course called Socks From the Cuff Down, and it uses the Magic Loop technique of making socks. I will be going two consecutive Mondays for parts one and two. Then I plan on taking a course called Design Your Own Sweater Class so that I will have a one of a kind sweater. Also, a Introduction to Lace Knitting class, and then finally, I want to take the Professional Finishing Techniques that shows you what stitches to use to finish off the seams, and so forth. I intend to take several classes a year and go on Mondays.....something to really look forward to. I will see what future classes that they have and decide then.
I am so excited! It really gives me a chance to be a skilled knitter and also to see Dublin where there are tons of things to do as you can see by this link: http://www.dublintourist.com/popular_dublin/ My favorite shopping area in Dublin is Grafton street and you can see how much shopping fun you can have at http://www.dublintouris
t.com/virtual_dubl
in/city_centre/grafton_street.shtml. If you want a break from the shopping, there is the lovely park area called St. Stephen's Green, which is located right in the middle of the city of Dublin and can be seen at
http://www.dublintourist.com/details/st_stephens_green.shtmlWell, that is my news...I am off to the big city of Dublin!


18 comments:
Wow, your knitting classes sound so interesting. I do a little knitting & crocheting & probably know enough to be dangerous. Tell Joe he's a keeper! Have fun!
You could be a tour guide for Dublin. It sounds so inviting, almost like being there.
Enjoy the classes. I took a knitting class once...they asked if I could knit and purl...yes was my answer...I advanced to advanced class...big mistake but I learned to knit quickly to keep up.
I still knit socks for fun!
hello,
What a man that Joe is. So thoughtful . You are such a busy person and so talented, I only tried knitting when I was very young. Not for me but love that doily.Keep on bloggin'.
Hugs
Maggey
Sounds like a very long day!! But I think it would be really cool to learn how to knit socks. I love the way Carnivale quilt finished up. You've done such a great job on it.
Have fun with your knitting class!!
The yellow doily is wonderful! So you quilt, crochet and knit? And taking more classes? How fun!
Micki, that fantastic to find somewhere to take knitting lesson. It looks so good, I wish I was there too. I need some lessons on knitting.
You quilt and crochet? The doily is beautiful. I would love to crochet. And now you want to knit, too? You are awesome---very inspirational. I'm going to try to find someone to taech me to crochet!
Thank you Micki for visiting My Dolce Vita...looks like we both would of made careers in the kitchen!!!
Love the doily...like I said, like a big happy sun...Dzintra ♣
Your doily is so beautiful! I love to crochet with yarns, but I've tried the doily-type threads and with that I'm all thumbs. :-(
Have a wonderful time in Dublin. It sounds like a very long but wonderful day.
Oh, I feel quite "home-sick". Hubby and I spent many romantic afternoons in St Stephens, feeding the ducks and picnicking! You are sure to have a wonderful time. Be sure to enjoy a hot chocolate in your namesake "Butlers"! Kath x
How fun! What a great husband you have! And, I LOVE the yellow doily!
Love the doily and I agree with Joe.. make it colorful..
You must be a very fast crocheter to have made it that fast.
Hello, I am a new visitor, I live in the Pacific N.W. and just wanted to say hi. I like your quilt very pretty .
Your doily looks great. If you run out of patterns this webstite has heaps.
http://home.inreach.com/marthac/covers.html
Good luck with your Knitting adventures!
Oh my Micki! You are going to be such an expert knitter! I am really looking forward to seeing what you make after taking all these wonderful classes. Your hubby is a keeper!
Your yellow doily is wonderful! Definitely sunny. I am not sure why my new doily is pink, other then it is what I had on hand to start the doily.
Lovely Doily and that knitting class sounds great.
Post a Comment