Monday, May 4, 2009

Won Third Place and Harvest Moon Wallhanging

I won third prize in a giveaway and you can see that post at http://sewpat.blogspot.com/2009/05/winner-winner.html . I will be getting four blocks and I can't wait to see what they look like. What a nice surprise from Pat. Thanks so much! I finished another spikey block for the Carnivale Wallhanging. I intend to finish the quilt top this weekend. As you can see, it is very spikey and curvy.

I am trying to get this done, as I want to start Harvest Moon...I got Joe to take a pic of it as I wanted you to see what it will look like. It is 24X24 inches, and it comes from the book


Quilts With Attitude. No spikes in this, but curves. I just love it! It reminds me of many an evening when I have looked up at the sky and seen the moon there bright and beautiful.









I am going to use the exact colours that are shown and will be buying the batiks from Batik Corner, which you can visit at http://www.batikcorneratfabriccorner.com/ It reminds me of the colours that I have seen in the sky when I looked up at the moon or saw it through the telescope.










11 comments:

Unknown said...

I admire your spiky block. I can't do curves for anything.

Anonymous said...

love the moon quilt.. if only I had more time :)

Simone de Klerk said...

Another lovely finish and congratulations on your winning!

Carol said...

I'm enjoying following along on all your projects. They are all looking great. You are a very talented lady and I am glad we are getting to know each other better. Thanks for the comments you've been leaving at my blogs. They are much appreciated.

Rosa-Munda said...

Hi Micki,
I love your block, that must be a stunner at 24" square! Thank you for the link to the batik website - really useful. Ros

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Congratulations on your win!

'Aunt Amelia'

Laurie said...

Oo, congratulations on your win! 'Love your blocks!

Mel said...

I love it!! Congrats!!

a good yarn said...

I love the moon quilt and batiks will be just perfect! Your spikey blocks are awesome and congratulations on winning the giveaway.

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Maggi said...

Just catching up Micki as I have had intermittent internet problems which have meant it kept dying on me every time I tried to do anything. You have been so busy. The Geisha quilt is so lovely but I just knew it would be. I can't wait to see the spiky blocks when they go together. Congratulations on your prize in the giveaway and for getting Ros in the friendship swap, she does some really lovely things. Maggi

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hey Spikey...Congratulations on your win!!! Seems like this quilt was done in no time...boy you sure are prolific...Dzintra ♥