Sunday, May 3, 2009

Secret Gift and a Recipe


I have made a gift for someone, but will not disclose whom it is for...it is a machine embroidered doily for that someone special. I used Madeira thread, vilene for the stabilizer, and watched "Twilight the Movie" again while I was doing it.


Then I was reading "The Dark Prince", so I was immersed in a fantasy world. Nothing really new on the homefront...just a sunny, very cool day here in Dunfanaghy. As my knee is hurting, Joe and I took a relatively short walk compared to what we usually do. I am resting and having a very quiet Sunday. I think that I reinjured the knee while getting off of the bus. I had a miniscule tear in my knee years ago, but thank God, this reinjury was a minor one....It gave me the excuse to read and really relax.
Oh, I baked some healthy muffins, which are really yummy! If you want something healthy and tasty, here are the ingredients and the directions:
Ingredients:
One cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons of brown sugar
1 egg
Two thirds cup apple sauce(sugar free)
One half cup of sour cream
One half cup of raisins
One quarter cup of coconut
Directions:
Combine the dry ingredients first and then add in the wet ingredients. Butter a muffin pan and scoop the ingredients in to make 8 muffins. Preheat oven to 4 and then bake for 15 minutes until done.
The muffins keep really well and make a lovely treat with coffee. Enjoy them!


6 comments:

Lurline said...

Oh, so slow computer - gorgeous gift!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Cattinka said...

Your doily looks very nice! I hope your knee is doing better, and thanks for the recepie, I will give it a try.
KATRIN W.

Kath said...

Someone is in for a real treat when they receive your gift! Sorry your knee is hurting again, lots of TLC required, which I'm sure dear Joe will provide! Kath x

Nat Palaskas said...

Now I know why you remembered (forget) about the other doily?

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely what you made as a gift and I think I must try that recipe!

Pat said...

What a lovely Doily
Someone will be very lucky
Pat