Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Friendship Swap, Knitting, and Waiting

I have been working on a friendship swap that I have due in July. My friend is Ros, and she lives in the UK. I posted about this before....I had to think of something to make for each letter of the word "friends". Well, I finally finished, and I will mail the package tomorrow. I machine embroidered two of the items, but I can't post the pics, as it would spoil the surprise. When Ros gets it, I will post what I made. It was fun thinking of what I would buy and make for each letter. Joe bought a larger padded envelope and it will be off to the UK in tomorrow's post. I do hope that she likes everything that I made and bought for her.





I was also waiting for my fabric to arrive so that I can finish the Carnivale wallhanging. I am so anxious to do that. I want to hang it up and then begin the Harvest Moon Project. In the meantime, I was knitting socks. I got a spankin' new Addi 100 cm circular needle, wonderful sock yarn and a pair of Addi straight needles in the mail.I was anxious to knit my socks with the new circular needles. As I mentioned before, I had the dvd Knitting on One Circular Needle, so I set it up on the computer so that I could use it when I needed. It really is excellent, and as I am a visual person, it really helps so much.The socks are going to be colorful, as you can see by the pic.

Well, until I get the fabric from the Fat Quarter Shop, I am at a standstill...Oh I hate that! Hopefully, it will arrive before the end of the week, and then I can sew on the borders and do the machine quilting for the Carnivale wallhanging and then begin the Harvest Moon project. Kimberly is sending all the fabric in two packages, so I am waiting for the mailman like an eager beaver. I guess all I can do is wait, and as you can see by the cartoon, it doesn't look like I enjoy the waiting game.


I am going to begin a doily for us tomorrow while I am waiting for the fabric. I could just totally relax, but you know me, that would be impossible.LOL


Hope everyone enjoyed their Monday!

8 comments:

Kath said...

We have that in common Micki, I too, hate to wait! Kath x

Nat Palaskas said...

Hey Micki, I love knitting sock too and I've finished one pair and a half a few years ago, but now forgot how to do the other half!!! Hope your fabric arrive soon so we can see that quilt finished!

quiltmom anna said...

Micki,
Have fun making that doily-
Does this mean you don't have any UFO's ? I only have a few of them but have a large stash that I are only dreams of future quilts VBS. I do love to pat and collect fabric- sometimes, I think that is what I do best pat and collect fabric LOL.
Happy Knitting- I have yet to figure out how to knit on a circular needle- I have a couple of patterns for purses that use circular needles that I have meaning to try ... Time and energy -something that there is never enough of...
Hope all is well with You, Joe and the boys.
Regards,
Anna

Annika said...

Hope you will have a great day! Yes, blogging is really fun :) And also great fun to follow others blog-life :)

Cattinka said...

Your making a doily? Is it one with butterflies on it?
I like that one a lot.
KATRIN W.

Maggi said...

I cannot imagine you sitting idle with nothing to do. Love the colour of the sock wool. Can't wait to see what you did for Ros, Maggi x

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Sorry you're at a stand-still. Kind of like, when waiting for the next book in a series, to come. Oh I hate that too. :-)

'Aunt Amelia'

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Micki...I'm sure Ros will love her package!!! I'm waiting for Carnivale to be finished too...it will be stunning...Dzintra♥