Sunday, May 10, 2009

Finished the Carnivale Top


I am so excited! I finished my Carnivale top,as far as sewing all the blocks together, and boy was it hard getting all the blocks sewn perfectly so everything matched. It turned out so well, and I was thrilled that I could get it done by lunchtime today on Mother's Day.
I ordered batik fabric for the borders, and Fat Quarter Shop has already shipped them, so I will just have a few days wait till I can sew on the borders and begin the machine quilting.


Deb Karasik's patterns are really stunning, and I did enjoy making it so much! Thank God, I was able to attend the workshops and learn the techniques that she presented, especially on how to sew perfect spikes and curves.

Happy Mother's Day to all! I am heading out with Joe. Being with Joe and the boys is making this day perfect!
Look what I got from my boys today. It was the cutest cards and of course gifts.
Here is what it said:

If Oscars were given to mothers
We would nominate you
If Olympic medals were won by mothers
Your Gold is overdue
If Nobel Prizes were awarded to mothers
You would have quite a few
If Honorary Degrees were granted to mothers
You'd have some of them too
Mother's Day Poems are given to mothersAnd this is ours to you

Charlie and Rufus
We could not love you more

21 comments:

Maggi said...

That is so awesome Micki. Not only is it colourful but it has value contrast as well. Beautiful. Lovely poem from your boys too. Enjoy the rest of your day with Joe. Hugs Maggi x

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Wow! After having followed your progress through each block, I am still overwhelmed at the beauty of Carnivale! Can't wait to see what you chose for a border.

Maggey and Jim said...

OH Micki
How lovely is that quilt.. What workmanship.. I am sure that the teacher will be so proud of you. You have created a thing of beauty. Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Maggey

Simone de Klerk said...

Such a lovely lovely card from your boys, dear Micki! How proud you must be.
And your quilt top. Unbelievably beautiful! I've never seen something like that and just love it. You are so talented!
Have a lovely day (O:

Unknown said...

wow, that's pretty....love it

Annika said...

The Carnivale is so lovely! Great job! It really brights up.

Here in Sweden we dont celebrate Mother´s day until the last sunday of may. So my mother has to wait until then :)

Hope your sunday continues to be as shiny as your Carnivale!

quiltmom anna said...

The Carnivale Quilt turned out fabulously gorgeous. I love the rich colors and the points look great. Well done, Micki!

Hope you had a great time with Joe and the boys. They know how special you are - it is nice to see you being treasured!
Hugs,
Anna

Rosa-Munda said...

Hi Micki,
What a stunning quilt! It is absolutely gorgeous.
Ros

marina said...

Absolutely stunning, just like out of a magazine!
I couldn't even imagine tackling those colours You have done a superb job. Well done!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congrats on getting the blocks together. It sounds and looks like everything went very well! Happy Mothers Day!

Nat Palaskas said...

Stunning quilt. I could see how excited you are? Just lovely Mcki. Give yourself a pad, you did a great job!

Anonymous said...

The quilt turned out gorgeous!! and I love that poem the boys gave you.. hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day

Cattinka said...

Wow, already finished... it looks great!
KATRIN W.

Sew Lind said...

Wow, it's amazingly beautiful! I was having a hard time picturing how the blocks would look when put together but love it now!

What a lovely mother's day poem, I had an argument with my 11 yo DS who assured me it couldn't be Mother's Day because they didn't make anything at school for Mother's Day, LOL!

a good yarn said...

Spectacular quilt! You should be very pleased with your efforts. Glad you had a nice day and the boys spoiled you (as they should!). Nice poem in your card too.....Ann :)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I would be excited too if I were you Micki...absolutely stunning!!! Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day with your boys...Dzintra ♥x

Kath said...

How wonderful you must have felt very special that day. I love your bright and happy quilt top, it would make me smile every time I saw it. love Kath

Carol said...

Carnivale is gorgeous. I am in awe :)

Love the sentiment from your boys.

andsewon said...

WOW Micki!!!That is one cool quilt top!!!That will keep the bright in those gray misty Irish days for sure!!
Those boys of yours are something else...they sure can pick the best cards...they know how lucky they are to have you for their'mom';-)
Hugs!

Jocelyn said...

Micki what an incredible quilt! It is beautiful!!! And what sweet boys to send you a special card. You are and winner in my book!
Jocelyn

Annelies said...

Congratulations on finishing a very beautiful top !!