Thursday, May 21, 2009

Harvest Moon Top, an Interview and Siggies




First of all, Nat, a good blogging buddy of mine, is doing a special on her blog about quilters' workplaces. Mine is on the blog now, and if you want to see my interview and a few pics, you can go to http://notjustnat.blogspot.com/2009/05/mickis-work-space.html . It was very nice of Nat to interview me and highlight my workplace on her blog.

Well, I worked on my Harvest Moon top and finished it. I paper pieced the moon and the black arcs connected to it.I will have to machine quilt the wallhanging now. Didn't I just do that with the Carnivale quilt? LOL Anyways,I have been working so hard on the free motion quilting, that I am thrilled to be able to do it now.. As you can see, I used lots of various shades of orange, red, and yellow batiks for the moon. I put a one and a half inch orange batik border around the centre block, and then a three inch black border using Michael Miller fairy frost, which makes the moon really look like it is in the sky.After I machine quilt it, I will put orange batik binding on it.

Finally, I got two lovely siggies today. One is from Iris who lives in Curacao. Doesn't that sound like an exotic place? She sent me a siggy with a beautiful rose centre. Then I got another siggy from Ans who is from The Netherlands, and like my Harvest Moon top, she chose a lovely black print which made it so dramatic. Thank you both!

17 comments:

ceecee said...

I'm amazed by the work you do! Just fabulous and so lively and uplifting!
Catherine

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Love the Harvest Moon!

Carol said...

Harvest Moon looks good. I enjoyed the interview with Nat. Fun. Carnivale looks good in its spot.

Thanks for the comments you have been leaving at my blog. I'm feeling a lot better and making sure I don't overdo things :)

Nat Palaskas said...

Micki, Harvest moon top is gorgeous. I love the colors combo you used. Thanks for being my work space participant. Good idea uh?

Anonymous said...

Hello Micki,

I had come to your blog at Natima's recommendation.

Nice blog. I certainly enjoyed reading about your work space. Thank you for sharing.

Karen said...

Harvest Moon went together quickly!
The read about the sewing room was well done.

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful. I love, love, love it. Great choice of color & design. You did a fantastic job.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Cattinka said...

I can´t believe you´ve already finished the harvest moon! You are so busy! You made a very nice wallhanging, congratulations.
KATRIN W

Pursuing Art... said...

Oh my goodness...do you sleep, Micki?!! ;-)

Harvest moon is just beautiful! What a lovely interview with Nat. You have done an excellent job with your limited space! You've created a cozy home and place for your heart art too.

Siggies received from Iris and Ans are great. Do you collect these to make a quilt? Do you swap them? I've never heard of them and had to Google it to find out more. You make these into a friendship quilt? What a great idea.

Your Carnivale quilt turned out gorgeous! I love the bright and cheerful colors you used.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend and her family...how sad! Am grateful to know you survived your cancer, Micki.

Ros must have loved your package! You did a great job thinking of something special for each letter too. I'm sure she was delighted.

The yellow *happy sun* doily is wonderful and it's fun that you did it in a bright color. And...that answered my question...knitting is big in Ireland too! What a guy...how exciting! Long bus ride, but sounds like it will be well worth it. You can knit coming and going! All these classes sound great...*LUCKY* you!

Keep smiling and stitching...~Lisa

Maggi said...

The Harvest Moon is gorgeous. It looks just as though the clouds are drifting across. Thanks for sharing your workspace, it really felt like being there with you.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wonderful Micki...gee you do good work. And good see your work space at Natima's..Dzintra♥x

Kath said...

I love that wall-hanging, I always had a thing about the moon...I am listening to Simon and Garfunkles "Scarborough Fair", good taste my lovaly friend! Kath x

a good yarn said...

You just keeping making fantastic projects, Micki. I'm delighted that you share them with us...Ann :)

Simone de Klerk said...

Micki, once again you made a wonderful quilt. The colors you used are so pretty. I enjoyed reading about you in the interview with Nat. I was going to leave behind a comment, but my laptop decided not to go along with it. Love the siggies. Am enjoying it too now (((O:
Have a lovely Sunday.

Annelies said...

You made a beautiful Harvest Moon top Micki.
Nice to see that the siggies keep coming.

Laurie said...

I love that moon - it's perfect!

I enjoyed reading about your workspace -- you've shattered my illusions that to quilt one must have a huge, dedicated room!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

An honor to be interview but well-deserved. You are an amazing talent. This moon is so representative of your skill.
I am proud of you! Now, I just hope a tiny fraction of it rubs off on me.