Monday, May 25, 2009

Harvest Moon Completed at Last


I finished all the free motion quilting of Harvest Moon and then put on the binding and hand sewed it this morning. It is hanging alongside the Carnivale Wallhanging, and I am thrilled to have them both in the living room. Joe cut a bamboo stick to fit into the sleeve, and he did a wonderful job displaying it.

I am relaxing and watching a John Wayne movie called Rio Grande. I haven't seen it in years, and it is nice to see John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara together again. I have a fish pie to bake, and then two siggies to make and send off.


Happy Monday to all!

13 comments:

Maggi said...

They look fantastic hanging together Micki.

Maggey and Jim said...

Happy Monday to you too. Love the two hanging together and what a good idea with the bamboo. They are just stunning. Raining here, good for tomatoes so it is bittersweet with the Memorial Day parade? Have a great week and keep bloggin'.
Hugs,
Maggey

Anonymous said...

I think Maureen O Hara was so beautiful!

I also love the bamboo stick idea! Nice.

I also have been trying to make a few small pieces to hang around our house instead of just buying art. So far I've just gotten one pieced. Trying to finish some lap quilts before the baby is born.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Both of the wall hangings are just beautiful. Nice work!

Anne D said...

You make the best quilts. I love the patterns and your choice of fabrics.

Miri said...

Just beautiful! Love the bamboo hanger too. Great quilts display!

I am completely blown away by your very mini landscape!

scraphappy said...

Those two quilts look great hanging together. I love the way the circles play off of each other. How nice to have two finishes displayed in such a short period of time.

Cindy F. said...

Oh wow! Gorgeous! I want just a teeny, tiny bit of your talent!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

So colourful together...beautiful Micki!!! I like John Wayne...one of the best!!!

Nat Palaskas said...

Micki, both quilts are very gorgeous. They must brighten up your cottage a lot. Your are good with colors.

Sew Lind said...

Oh Micki the harvest moon wall hanging is amazing, so life-like! I'll never forget the harvest moon we saw in Emerald QLD one holiday when I was much younger. An awesome sight you've captured so well :-)

Simone de Klerk said...

It looks magical, Micki! Congratulations on finishing such lovely projects (O:

Pam said...

You have been very, very busy!! All the wall hanging look great. I bet it feels good to have so much finished. Congratulations!!

Have a great week.