This quilt took me ages to do, or it just felt like ages. I remember posting each and every block that I machine embroidered, and then finally getting the top together. I have free motioned the entire quilt, and I am thrilled to have it completed. We have it hanging in the bedroom. It is taking up a good part of the wall, but we were both pleased with the effect of the room once the wallhanging was up.
Hallelujah, I am done!

Also, there is a a wonderful giveaway at Daisy Quilts which is at http://daisyquilts.blogspot.com/2009/05/im-having-giveaway.html
She says that she is giving away the following:
I am giving away:1 large Country Roses PVC shopping bag 1 gorgeous Natalie Ross "Aggie" pattern 2 yards Kings Road "Belle" fabric 1 x 12ml bottle of lovely Rose Maroc essential oil (3% in Jojoba Oil) 1 large button 1 yard black Ric Rac1 skein of DMC embroidery thread - 3834
What a neat giveaway! Jump over to the blog and give it a shot!
8 comments:
Hey Girlfriend, Love that Geisha Quilt.Hope your knee is doing much better too. Hugs, MarieP.S. Just got back today from Jekyll Island and we also went over to St. Simmons while there, had a great time.
Congratulations on the finish. Even the hanging sleeve is done! It looks great.
Wow, it looks great. What is the size of it? It's hard to tell how big it is. Well done Micki. Nothing feel better than hanging up a finished quilt..!
Your geishas turned out very nice. It looks vey good as a wallhanging, and I especially like your free motion quilting on it.
KATRIN W.
It's always such a fantastic prize when you reveal the final project - especially after seeing each of the blocks. It's a lovely quilt. Thanks for the link to the giveaway....Ann :)
The Geisha quilt turned out very nice.. hard work but worth it.
I love your geisha quilt. Congratulations on finishing it !
Your quilt is absolutely fabulous! I love the fabric you used for it!
Post a Comment