
I have been so busy today. First, I want to tell you about One World, One Heart. I love the theme to this year's event, which is a Magic Carpet Ride. Lisa, whose blog is
My Life as a Whimsical Bohemian, is organizing the event, and it should be a wonderful way to meet new people. She gave a bit of directive to the event and here is what she said,
"One thing that I am asking this year is that whatever your giveaway or giveaways are that you find a clever way to present it on your blog when the event begins.Since this year we are riding the magic carpet, perhaps you can find some way to use this theme to photograph or present your giveaway. This gives everything a more festive look rather than a simple photo or a couple of lines.Be creative! Have fun with the theme this year, get people to stand up and notice you."
Well, a magic carpet theme is right up my alley. I will put my thinking cap on and come up with something very magical indeed. My giveaway for this event will be posted on January 25th, so sign-ups begin on this date. The giveaway ends on February. 15th.
I made a handmade item for my giveaway this morning, and I think you will love it....no hints, sorry.LOL

I made a handmade item for my giveaway this morning, and I think you will love it....no hints, sorry.LOL
After working on my giveaway item, I finished my second crochet square for my crocheted quilt that I am making. It was all V stitches and Shell stitches. What I like is that each square is different, and they are giving wonderful lessons to go with it to put in a folder that they gave for free with the second kit for block two. By the time I will finish the quilt, I
will have a good reference book.
Lastly, I also sewed together the rows that I completed for the miniature quilt. I have two more rows to do and then I will paper piece the borders.
As you can see, I am a busy beaver.
Lastly, I also sewed together the rows that I completed for the miniature quilt. I have two more rows to do and then I will paper piece the borders.
As you can see, I am a busy beaver.

Before I finish this post, I wanted to tell you about a new blog called Good2cu. Marjorie found my blog, and I discovered that she had just started her blog. I became her first follower....what an honor! Please visit Marjorie and say "hello."
Welcome Marjorie to blogland, and you will love blogging and making new friends!!!!!
23 comments:
You HAVE been a busy beaver!!!
The crocheting is so pretty and lacy looking and I love your little village quilt. It will be so cute when you finish it up.
I can't wait to take a ride on the magic carpet, but for now I am on my way over to check out Marjorie.
Hope everything is good with you! I´m having my hand-surgery on thuesday, finaly :) So I wount be doing any sewing the next couple of weeks, wonder how I´m gonna cope with that :) Wishing you a great week! Hugs from Sweden
Now you've got me thinking about how to handle the giveaway for my 500th post. The creative juices are simmering. Speaking of which, you have been busy. Your house blocks are looking great, I really do admire your patience.
Crochet! That's what I'm talking about! :) There's a thing called "A Square A Day" going right now. I can't remember the exact link for it, but if you Google it, I'm sure you'll find it if you are interested. lol I haven't commented in a while, nor blogged in awhile. Just want to give you a lightning fast update on my life. ;o) We both lost our jobs last year, his before the wedding and mine a few months later. We had a great Christmas with our families, and a week later, we moved in with my husband's parents because we couldn't afford our apartment anymore. I just got a job working as a home care nurse/companion last week, and Trevor is interviewing tomorrow for a warehouse job. Hopefully we will catch up sooner than later, but I didn't want you to think I had fallen off the face of the earth. I still pop in now and again, and I just turned 21 on Thursday! haha
Hope you are well, and love the beaver picture. Too cute!
Oh my, you certainly have been a busy little beaver
I like your village quilt
My blogging skills are are way to limited to do anything magical
Off to visit Marjorie now
love the beaver Micki.... and as for crochet... well ummm it all sounds double dutch to me. Hubby can crochet, but I havent the faintest idea what do with a crochet hook except to use it pin up my hair. Hugs xxx
Your mini quilt is coming along beautifully! I'm glad to see you're enjoying the crochet so much too.
You have been very busy.
You have been busy! I love your quilt. I've been crocheting quite a bit myself. I love your work! =) Meg
Oh my, you have been one busy gal!
You are one busy gal. The crochet quilt will be gorgeous and of course I love the little paperpieced houses. Wow, I get tired just reading about your day :)
Love your crocheting.
Holly
Hi Micki!Yes, the crochet is rather pretty indeed,and I love your mini quilt. I just love paper piecing! yu are certainly a busy beaver!
I love how your town is coming along. Thanks for mentioning the One heart, I too will have to put my thinking cap on....
Your crochet work is so neat and how quick are you being with those houses.
Chuckling here busy beaver!!
I love your crocheted square and your miniature is going together nicely. I can remember making tons of granny squares as a teenager and stitching them together into afghans. They always made wonderful gifts. Although I never had a lesson, like hand embroidery, I learned how to crochet while watching my mother when I was about 7 years old. Funny how focused we are at that young age...
Love the color of your crochet block and can't wait to see the rest of it. Great blog sites you gave. Thanks.
Willow
Love your pretty crocheting ... it's a bit too hot to do that here at the moment ;o)!!! Love your house blocks Micki ... that's turning into a gorgeous mini-quilt :o).
Stay warm!!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)
Your crochet looks lovely! I love the theme "Magic Carpet Ride" --it makes me think of Steppenwolf.
Your miniature quilt is just gorgeous Micki...boy you are a quick worker...Good on you, Dzintra♥x
Micki, you are always busy as a beaver! That furry little guy should be your avatar!
I love your little house and trees quilt...very cute...hugs Khris
Thanks so much for your visit to my blog. Please include me in your drawing. Have a wonderful weekend.
Post a Comment