I ordered a huge bag of wool roving in wonderful landscape colours. I bought them from Twist and Fibre Craft Studio and their website is http://www.twistfibrecraft.co.uk/.
For 32 sterling, I got a lot of wool!
Thank God, I didn't order it from the United States, as the shipping charge would have been terrible!
I was so enthralled with the wool that I decided to make another Donegal scene...I realized when I was using the wool roving that I was able to blend the colours so much more easily than when I used fabrics;therefore, I was able to achieve the look of a painting.I have not completed the picture yet...I still have to do the machine stitching, which will give it even more texture, and finally to put on the backing and border. I will try to do all of that tomorrow, and post the final pic. I am calling the picture "Donegal Scene."
I had the best time in my sewing studio today! The roving was so soft and luxurious, and when I mixed the wool colours, it was like having a palette of oil paints in front of me. It reminded me of the times that my mom taught me how to blend oil paints. As I was forming the Donegal picture, I could almost hear her telling me how to choose the colours and how to blend the colours to acheive the effects that I wanted . She would have enjoyed watching the process.
1 comment:
Once again Micki an outstanding piece of work.
Post a Comment