I worked on completing the wall hanging all morning. I used embroidery threads to do the fancy machine stitching, and I decided to use the orange fabric as my first border to coordinate with the sunset and the black fabric for the binding to match with the darkness of the silhoette and the beach area. Both Joe and I love the ocean and the sunsets, so we are both enjoying looking at the wall hanging in our living room. Lovers at Sunset captured the romance that Joe and I feel for each other, so it is very special to both of us.
8 comments:
The choice of orange for the border is perfect. It pick up that little bit of sunset beautifully. You've done a lovely job.
Mickilene,
Very pretty. Pam is right. The orange sets it off beautifully. We have beautiful sunsets here, too; especially at the beach.
Jeri
Very lovely wall hanging Micki, you do such nice work. I sent you a email, not sure if it went threw or not, as I have sent you 5 or 6 that didn't make it to you.
Wilma
JUST GORGEOUS, MICKI. I'D LOVE TO SEE IT CLOSE UP TOO. I ALMOST BOUGHT SOME ROVING THE OTHER DAY TO "PLAY", BUT DECIDED I DON'T HAVE THE TIME RIGHT NOW. BUT NOW I MIGHT HAVE TO GO BACK AND GRAB SOME. I NEED TO DO SOMETHING BESIDES SWAPS...THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENT ON MY BLOCKS TODAY. YOU'RE SO SWEET.
CATHY
Hi Micki...
Your comment is greatly appreciated.... I just finished perusing your updates and WOW! I really like your roving quilts...very beautiful....
hugz
Pam
Very romantic Micki. Isn't it great the way that felting makes everything go into a sort of soft focus.
Your sunset is beautiful.
Micki,
I am just in awe of your felted pictures. They are beautiful. What do you use for a backing for your "felted paintings"? How do you get the different colors of fiber to stick together? Is this what they call needle felting or wet felting?
Post a Comment