Monday, October 20, 2008

Lovers at Sunset in Progress




Someone in my Needle Felting Group asked me what the word "dote" means...It is a term of endearment that is a very loving term here in Ireland..meaning "darling". That is what Joe calls me, "his dote." It got me thinking of making a scene of the two of us, so I headed to the sewing room and went to work on my Babylock EMB12. I used mostly wonderful colours of wool roving, and a wee bit of yarn. I made the two of us as a silhouette looking at the sunset, the sea, and the hills...everything that Joe loves to see. Joe called it "Lovers at Sunset", so that is the name for my felted scene.

I am not done yet...I have to do some finishing touches, machine quilt it a bit, add the border and backing...we shall see if I can get it done before the weekend. I thought you might like to see it in progress.

3 comments:

jan said...

OH Micki, this is by far the most romantic thing I have ever seen. You are such a wonderful couple you know and it is coming across in this little picture. Well done, it is gorgeous. lol Jan x

Marie said...

Micki,I love it, the colours are captured just right and I can feel the affection, just oozing from it. Good job!
Hugs, Marie

Maggey and Jim said...

hey micki.
you are really getting good with that machine.. great pic and so romantic. I too had ask bout the "dote" from TQS.. thanks for letting us know.
Hugs
Maggey