I finished all of my swaps...Now, I decided to make another bag...a fancier one for the fall that will carry into the winter. I took three designs that I had and merged them into one to create this design. With Embird software, it is amazing what you can do. I also made some changes with the colours and stitch density, and then machine embroidered the front of the bag with my design. It took me hours to do the whole process, as setting up the colours takes a while, and of course it had 23,000 stitches. It really turned out well, and I have lovely Artisan Asian fabric to complete the bag. I will post the whole bag when it is completed. As they say, a woman never has enough bags. By the way, the "A" stands for my first name which is Anna...I was named after both of my grandmothers...My parents called me Annie, and I have used Anne when I was a teacher and department chair. Micki is my nickname, and is a shortened form of my middle name Michelle. I do love Mickey Mouse, so why not use that name?LOL Anyway, the bag front was such fun to create!!
5 comments:
Did you say 23000 stitches? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me this morning as I read this while drinking my morning coffee? Nontheless it's gorgeous Micki and that's all that matters. Looking forward to seeing the finished bag, cheers QGB
Micki, I really like how you have combined all three designs, it is lovely. What colour are you going to do the bag? I am sure it will be something that is bright and cheery. Good Show.
Hugs, Marie
Micki, Love your bag, I really liked how the patterns worked together. Just wondering if you have recieved any of the 3 emails I have sent you earlier this week. I have been having some issues sending emails again.
Wilma
I must say this is one of the best things I have seen so far..It looks so professional.I can hardly wait to see how you incorporate in your bag??
Great job,
Maggeys
23,000 stitches....WHEW. It looks fabulous Micki, cannot wait to see the end product, I know it will be just great, the others are. :-) You must be the Embellisher and Embroidery Queen now, surely. Fantastic work.
Post a Comment