Thursday, October 2, 2008

ASUS Netbook





Well, Joe got an ASUS netbook for us. As you can see by the pic, it is ultra tiny next to our lap top which is small also. I will be lying in my lounge chair surfing the internet and writing email tonight. Also, when I head to Dublin once or twice a year to take some courses in felting, I will take it with me so I can use Skype to talk to Joe, as it also has a camera and mike built in. I just spoke to my friend Maggey in the United States, and it was lovely! I also sent an invite to my friend Marie in BC to get Skype. I am sure hoping she can set it up so we could talk and see each other. Anyway, it is amazing to be able to talk to someone who is so far away and see their pic and hear their voice so clearly. Technology is wonderful!


I found a great group which is based right outside of Dublin that gives workshops and courses in felting, so I will be taking advantage of that. I couldn't believe when I found it. It is called
Feltmakers of Ireland and their website is http://www.feltmakersireland.com/ It was definitely a find!



I finished the rest of my Christmas House Blocks...I will be mailing them all out today or tomorrow. Whew! It is good to have them all done. I am posting two of them, as the others are similar. I can't wait till I get my 12 house blocks in the mail.


3 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

You've been a busy bee! Love that you found a felting workshop place near Dublin. Any quilt shops nearby?

jan said...

Hey Micki, I am on Skype!

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Micki,
I just love the little Christmas blocks. Christmas will be here before you know it. Have a good weekend.