Sunday, October 19, 2008

Donegal Scene Finished



I finally completed the wee Donegal Scene, and it is sitting as you see on a stand on mantlepiece above the fireplace. I added another house in the distance and a road leading to it. This morning, I woke up early, and I put a Celtic label on the back and have included a picture. I chose a Celtic Design that represents eternal love, and used the Janome 350E to stitch it out. I had to merge the text with the image in Embird first. Finally, I used yarn around the edging of the back that I found in a store in Falcarragh.The scene is of the hills around our house, and I will enjoy sitting by the fire and seeing the scene that I love so much!

I used wool roving throughout with a wee bit of yarn, and as usual, I enjoyed adding the details with textile paints. I have used oils and pastels before, but I did feel that I had an artist's palette with the Merino wool. As you look at the scene, I say, "FAILTE, Go Dun Na NGAl", which means "Welcome to Donegal, as I hope one day you can see the scenes of my beautiful county in person.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Micky, this is a great piece, thanks so much for emailing me and posting the pictures! I have linked to you on my blog with a tag, check it out and I hope that you accept my challenge!!

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Oh Micki,
That is beautiful. I love the colors. What a great idea for using wool roving.

jan said...

Well done Micki, wonderful picture, you are a true artist.