Sunday, October 5, 2008

New Lake Fabric Postcard


I have been working on a fabric postcard , but I am not finished yet. I still have to do the fancy stitches to set the design that I created, and of course do the satin stitching.


I used the Babylock Embellisher(EMB12), and it is turned out nicely. I used wool roving in several shades, batiks, angelina fibres, and also textile paints to add some details to the hills and the ground. The scene is of New Lake, with the hills in the distance. It is a beautiful scene, and Joe and I have climbed the dunes in the distance in order to get to Tramore Beach. I am trying to acheive a look of a painting, and I am enjoying the experimentation with the Babylock to achieve the results that I want.Tomorrow, I will finish it and post the completed scene.

No comments: