
I wanted to give my friend Kath a postcard, so I made one of Killahoey Beach..She said that she loves to walk on the beach, and so this one is perfect for her. I hope that one day she and her husband are able to visit, so we can walk on Killahoey Beach together. To make the postcard, I used batiks, wool roving, beautiful yarns, hand dyed Wensleydale Curls, and Anglenia fibres and punched happily away on my Babylock EMB12. The Wensleydale curls can also be used perfectly for doll's hair. I then added more details on the seashells and some of the landscape area with paints. I added seashells, because I love collecting them, and of course the hills are always in view in Dunfanaghy. Sometimes when I look at the sea... way in the distance... I imagine that America is far, far away, but then the magical scenery of Dunfanghy always pulls me back. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else but in Donegal County.
Killahoey Beach is such a special place. Joe and I both love the fact that whenever we go there, we generally have it all to ourselves, which makes it so much more magical. I was so happy to hear this morning that Kath put a pic of my postcard on her blog, and that she loved it.
1 comment:
Its a wonderfull postcard, winter is a great time to warm along beaches too, Littlehampton was the beach where i grew up, My dad was a fisherman,
Take care
Post a Comment