I received the best surprise gift today...It was a gorgeous Celtic lady that Kath sent me, who to me is my Elfin Princess, but most of all a dear friend...She is beautiful both inside and outside. She wrote me a wonderful letter about the Celtic lady. She explained that she is a warrior queen with a heart of gold. In her youth, she was independent, strong, and determined. As time passed, she had come to know a peace and contentment, which Kath said that she hoped I saw in her face. Her face is indeed lovely, peaceful, and so simplistically beautiful. The Celtic Lady really represents the peace and contentment that I have found with Joe here in Donegal County. The Celtic material that she used for the body of the doll is exquisite, and the beading just added that special touch. The heart of gold on The Celtic Lady represents Kath of course. It is what I value most in a person.I can't begin to tell her how much I appreciated and loved that doll. At the end of the letter, Kath wrote that it was made and sent with love...I send her back that same love in return.
I have never met Kath...We will meet one day, as she is in the UK, and that is so near to Ireland. That is a given...we will meet. But oddly enough, we are the best of friends. It can happen, because that is how I met Joe, through the thousands of letters that we wrote each other..and we are soulmates. Kath is "my friend across the sea", as she said, but one day, we will walk Killahoey Beach together, and I will have the honour of showing her the place that I love so dearly.
Go raibh maith agat cara mo chroi!
I am thanking Kath with this Gaelic phrase which means: Thank you, friend of my heart!
PS: I called kath yesterday, and had a lovely talk with her...I thought I should add one thing that she said to me. She told me that I was The Celtic Lady. Well, as I dubbed her the Elfin Princess, so it is nice to be known now as The Celtic Lady.
4 comments:
Just had to say that i have spent the last hour or so looking through your site and love it. You do beautiful work
cheers karen - australia
hello Micki,
What a dear friend you have there.She is truly a wonderful artist.. Does the celtic art on the body have any meaning?? I know you will treasure her.. She is really a work of art
Hugs,
Maggey
Your gift is so gorgeous- what a nice thing for your friend to do.
I love the lovely colors of her body. I am sure you will look at her and smile - she exudes positive energy.
Regards,
Anna
I loved looking at the pic of your gift all the while looking at the Claddagh ring that's on my finger. I went to Eire (Ireland) in June/86 and I'd love to go back one day ...
Post a Comment