Monday, October 13, 2008

Machine Embroidered Bag Ready to Show Off


I finished the bag finally!...I had a lot of work with it, but it has turned out so lovely! I will take it to the bee on Wednesday first of all to show off to my friends. I used the coordinating fabrics to complete the straps, and a wonderful aritsan pin that I found in my jewelry box that was perfect for the flap that I created. I used velcro to close the snap. I will be taking this bag with me to two wonderful workshops given by Sheila Smith that I am attending on April 25-26 in County Carlow. I just got myself booked for both workshops yesterday. Nicola Brown is organizing it. On April 25th, I am taking the course Felted Textures which is on nuno felting, and on April 26th, I am taking Express, Experiment, and Embellish, which will explore the potential of the machine embellisher. I will be bringing Sheila's two books that I have so she can sign them, my camera, my Netbook to keep in touch with Joe, my Babylock Embellisher EMB12 and clothes, etc. It will be such fun learning all the techniques. The trip will be a long one, but well worth it. Anyway, the courses that I am taking and some others are at Nicola's blog at http://clasheen.wordpress.com/workshops and Sheila's site is at http://www.feltbydesign.co.uk/


5 comments:

Marie said...

Micki, the pin on the flap is perfect for your lovely bag! Much, much more decorative than a button, good show!
Hugs, Marie

Maggey and Jim said...

Hi Micki,,
You have done a wonderful job on that bag..It just sparkles and really shows off your talent..
Hugs.Maggey

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh wow Micki you do such interesting things. You are such an artist. THis bag is really lovely.

jan said...

WOW Micki, that is just fantastic, everyone is gona want one with their initial, you best be prepared to take some orders my dear.
You will end up teaching them I just feel it in my bones.

Pam said...

It is a very pretty bag - and the fabric matches the blue in the letter A so perfectly.