Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Carnivale Block Brightens up a Bleak Day in Dunfanaghy


I have been still relaxing at home...as you know my knee was injured. Thank God for Deep Heat, as it has really helped me. Someone thought that when I said that I put on Deep Heat, that I had put on rock music...That made me really laugh, and boy did I need that! I completed another Carnivale block, and it was so bright that it even brightend up what was indeed a bleak day in Dunfanaghy...more wind and rain throughout the day.
I want to also thank everyone who has complimented my Carnivale blocks. It has meant a lot to me! I do truly love paper piecing!

Oh...I joined a potholder swap in my Quilting for All Yahoo Group, and I have to make four potholders: two for each of the two people that I got for the swap. I wanted potholders that were really special...I will be machine embroidering two of them, but then I found a really cute Doll House Potholder tutorial on Nanette's blog Freda's Hive, which you can see at http://fredashive.blogspot.com/2009/01/doll-house-potholder-tutorial.html . There are so many wonderful tutorials there, one of them for covering buttons, which I will have to try, but the tutorial on the potholder with a wee doll house on it was so cute!
Well that was my day! Nothing momentous, but a very relaxing day where I sewed, read a good book, listened to music, watched the Oprah and The Ellen Degeneres Shows, baked some muffins, set a wash, and sat in my lounge chair with my leg up...sounds good huh?

9 comments:

Vicki H. said...

We had a grey day today, a little warmer with rain coming in. It is finally getting green. I am home on a confinement from people (cancer treatment but all is well and should be cured!!!) so I am sewing up a storm. I made 2 blocks today, so far. I am relaxing and reading too. I think that is a great way to spend a day doing and being with those that we love.

Pursuing Art... said...

Hi Micki...I'm so sorry to hear about your knee, but glad to hear that Deep Heat is helping and you are taking care of yourself! Couldn't help but laugh that a someone thought you had put on rock music! ~wink~

Your Carnivale blocks are gorgeous and I love the bright colors. And, I adore your Harvest Moon wallhanging too! Your stitching is just lovely! I've always wanted to learn how to quilt and never have...yet. Well, in the 70's, I did start a Dresden pattern quilt and all the squares are stitched. I just never stitched them all together to complete the top. I still have it in a tote and I think about it occasionally. However, I just bought a new sewing machine recently and I am stitching up some birds right now to embellish and remembering what it was like to put the pedal to the metal! It is a lot of fun. I'm just getting started with my machine because the last few years I have been doing bead embroidery. I love most all needle arts and think I was born with a needle in my hand.

Anyway, I'm so glad you swung by and said hello. Thank you for your sweet comment too! I've put you in my reader list and will be back to see more of your heart art!

Take good care of yourself...from a very gray and rainy day in Oregon too...~Lisa ;-)

P.S. The doll house potholder is so cute...looking forward to seeing yours!

scraphappy said...

A lovely bright block on a bleak day! It sounds like just the right amount of busy and relaxation.

Nat Palaskas said...

Micki, I love all your carnivale blocks. Can't wait to see the end product (quilt). Potholders swap, sounds like fun. Never have too many of them!

Bunny said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I noticed that you are in Ireland, we were there in 1976 a quick trip from London Eng to visit friends in Derry. We had a wonderful weekend saw 40 shades of green for sure. I love your Carnivale block it is similar to the New York Beauty block. I love paper piecing and am making the Indian Orange peel quilt now. Lots of fun.

Annika said...

I´m looking forward to see all your carnivale blocks put together!

Cattinka said...

It really sounds good, I think you are doing the best with your days you could imagine.
KATRIN W.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Are you kidding Spikey...you have had a very momentous day...and done so much. Another beautiful block...Dzintra ♥x

Simone de Klerk said...

I hope your knee is doing better! And all those blocks are lovely again.