Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Carnivale Wallhanging Completed....YIPPEEE!!!!!!





I have finished the Carnivale Wallhanging and it is now hanging in our living room in the sewing area where I sew. I machine quilted it over the last couple of days, and I really did have fun doing the free motion quilting. It is hard to capture all the free motion quilting with the camera, but hopefully you can see that all of it has been quilted extensively. I used Madeira embroidery threads and matched all the various colours of the blocks as I free motion quilted. That wasn't easy, as I had to change the threads for each section of the wallhanging. I decided on using the red batik for the border and the binding, and I am so thrilled with how it turned out. The living room is so colorful with it!

Now, I begin Harvest Moon. I really am so appreciative that I attended Deb Karasik's workshops in Belfast and was able to learn the techniques, so I can now handle all the spikes and curves.



23 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Oh WOW!! I wish I had just a tiny bit of your talent! Your wallhanging piece is GORGEOUS!!
Congratulations:)

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Micki, it's just gorgeous! The red border is perfect :^) Well done my friend.

Thanks also for posting about Carol. I enjoyed reading her blog, she had a great sense of humour. She'll be missed, a lot.

Rosa-Munda said...

Hi Micki, that is such a stunning quilt! So full of joy!! Ros

Jocelyn said...

Wow! Great job Micki. It looks so stunning!

Jocelyn
http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/

Carol said...

Micki that is just beautiful. Great job on those points. Wish I could do that but mine never turn out that great.

Julia said...

Micki, it's just gorgeous...stunning..
Julia ♥

Gigi said...

Wow, that is gorgeous!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow...that is so stunning Micki...Great job..the colours are perfect...Dzintra♥

Karen said...

It is great to see the finished quilt!
I am not familiar with "Harvest Moon". I will be anxious to see what it looks like.

Maggi said...

Your hanging is beautiful Micki. It will definitely brighten your days. Maggi x

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Oh Micki it's just beautiful.
The colors are lovely.
Well done my friend.

Annika said...

Its gorgeous! Great job!

Cattinka said...

This is really great. You made a beautiful wallhanging.
KATRIN W.

Simone de Klerk said...

Micki, such a beauty! No, I can't see the machine quilting you did. The picture won't get bigger. But the whole result is amazing!!!

Kath said...

What a happy and bright wall hanging, it will make you smile every day! KAth x

scraphappy said...

FANTASTIC. It looks fabulous in the photo, but I do wish I could look at it in person to see the fabulous quilitng. I can see how this would become the center of any room it was in. Congratulations on mastering such a complicated and striking technique. Maybe I'll have to try out some curves on my summer break.....

Jackie's Stitches said...

It looks great! You got it quilted and hung up quickly! The red border is wonderful.

Nat Palaskas said...

Gorgeous quilt. Its coming along together very nicely. You must be pleased with it. I love it

a good yarn said...

Spectacular! Bellisima!...Ann :)

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

That wall hanging looks fabulous.... you can be so proud! I love the colors. Cant' wait to see the next installment.

Joanne said...

It looks amazing! I really enjoyed each of the posts, looking at the colours you had chosen for each block. YOu must be so pleased with the result. I think it would take me several months per block, at least!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

IT IS GORGEOUS!!!
I love this....your work is impecibleand I love seeing everyone. You never cease to amaze me with the skills you present....

Millie said...

The wall hanging is gorgeous and the colors so bright and happy.