Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chillin' on a Chilling Day



I was basically chillin' and resting at home, as my knee was hurting me, so I put some Deep Heat on, and put my leg up. That was after I made another spikey block for my Carnivale Wallhanging.





I will be ordering two projects from Advanced Embroidery, which is located athttp://www.advanced-embroidery-designs.com/embroidery-designs.com/. I miss doing machine embroidery in the morning and watching movies, so since I am done the geisha quilt, it is time for some more machine embroidery. I am getting two projects to do over the next few weeks: One is called The Southwestern Indian Motif Purse Set, and the other is called The Seasons of the Year Set. which utitilizes a photo stitch technique. I will make a wallhanging out of it. That will be my morning ventures, and I will continue doing the paper piecing in the afternoons. Deal done! I will order them next week, and will begin then. For the purse, I will have to order black leatherette or suede which I will machine stitch on, polyester silk for the lining in black, and cord for the handle. It is in a cross stitch pattern, as you can see by the pic.

In the afternoons, I will finish the Carnivale wallhanging and then begin the Harvest Moon paper pieced wallhanging, so all of that will keep me nicely busy.

We are skipping spring literally, and whether we have summer or not is up in the air...Right now, it is definitely fall weather... rainy and windy.

I am off to rest my leg some more... A little pampering is always nice!

13 comments:

Maggi said...

That cross stitched purse is lovely and the embroidered scenes will look fantastic. I have to admit to a giggle when I read you were putting Deep Heat on as for a moment I thought it was a new band you have discovered - duh. Hope your knee starts to improve soon. Hugs Maggi

Carol said...

Hope your knee gets better soon. The seasons piece looks like it will be interesting.

Nat Palaskas said...

Oh Micki, take care of your knees. Resting is the best medicine for it.

a good yarn said...

Idle hands do the devil's work so they say and we simply can't have you lolling about now can we! Another wow block and your embroidery projects looks incredible. Take it easy on that knee - you can never have too much pampering......Ann :)

Cattinka said...

The projects you want to make are all neat! You are very busy. But don´t forget to give your knee a rest or else it won´t get well!
KATRIN W.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Rainy weather and a 'bad' knee... Oh yes, I can see why you needed to treat it to some TLC.

The weather does effect my muscles/bones too, for sure! The effect is the same, world wide. :-)

'Aunt Amelia'

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lap up all that pampering Spikey!!! The colours in that block are enough to take the chill off...so lovely and warm...Dzintra ♥

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh Micki! Paper piecing! You are a brave one. I have trouble with my knee too. I'll have to get out my deep heat and use it. I had forgotten about that.

Unknown said...

Heh, I'm happy that someone I know won one of the prizes! I so enjoyed that weekend and it took me till Tuesday to go through all the quilts.
Have not bought a kit, but think about it all the time.
It's springtime in Ontario. It doesn't get any better!

Kath said...

I love the 4 season scenes! Hope you have taken some of Doctor Jameson's medicine for your knee hee hee Kath x

Dionne said...

I am loving your spiky blocks, you are so very talented! I hope your knee feels better soon.
Cheers,
Dionne

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Loving this carnivale quilt..... can't wait to see the finale!

Laurie said...

I can relate to skipping spring altogether -- we seem to be doing that here, too! Thank you for being a regular visitor to my blog and for all your nice comments! I'm so happy to have met you online!