I have been working on a miniature landscape quilt. I am almost done. I have to put on the binding and do some finishing touches. That's why the pins are still in it, so forgive me for that. I just wanted to give you a sneak peek.It has been fun making the minatures, but all the fusible applique and thread painting really takes a long time, in addition to the free motion quilting. It is a late fall scene, and besides the ocean, we do have some lovely lakes near us. I put snow on the mountains, as usually that is where we normally see it, as it rarely sticks to the ground, and a wee, lone house in the distance. This is also horse country, thus the galloping horse, as there are lots of lovely horses and stables in our area. Often times, when we are at the beach, we see people riding horses there. I have a few horses that are my favorites that we go and visit to give them some carrots, especially around Horn Head Bridge and the Famine Graveyard.
The weather here is shockingly warm, and I can finally say that spring has come. It was sunny and warm today, and really very lovely! The fields were so green and everything was beautiful! The sheep in the fields looked very happy indeed lying on the grass basking in the sun.I don't know how long it will last, but it was so nice. We are both not used to the warmer temperatures, as we are so accustomed to the cooler weather here in Dunfanaghy.Joe and I had breakfast at The Quiet Moment, and we have had a lovely weekend so far.
The weather here is shockingly warm, and I can finally say that spring has come. It was sunny and warm today, and really very lovely! The fields were so green and everything was beautiful! The sheep in the fields looked very happy indeed lying on the grass basking in the sun.I don't know how long it will last, but it was so nice. We are both not used to the warmer temperatures, as we are so accustomed to the cooler weather here in Dunfanaghy.Joe and I had breakfast at The Quiet Moment, and we have had a lovely weekend so far.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
11 comments:
Oh, my. What a wonderful landscape piece! You are doing an outstanding job on this.
Hi Micki,
What a lovely picture - such a lot of detail in a small piece!! Any sign of the parcel yet? Ros
Micki I love your landscape, so colorful and beautiful in content. You have to live in the most beautiful area in the world!!! Hugs, Marie
Micky, that is awesome. My husband loves horses. He looked at me like "can you make me one". I just said NO. haha
What a fun way to play with lots of different techniques. I love the idea of making something so nice and small to have a chance to just play.
You have made a beautiful mini quilt. Is it all your design? You did it great.
KATRIN W.
Miniature landscape quilt is gorgeous. I had a closer look and have a question for you? Do you paint the picture first and then machine embroidery over it? Am I right?
How lovely Micki, your cottage must be looking very homely now, with all your beautiful work on display. Kath x
This is very nice! I am glad you have left the pins in, they allow me to see how miniature it truly is. Lovely!
This is a beautiful piece. I love your work.
Micki your horse by the lake is a stunning work of art! I enlarged it for a closer look and I was so intrigued. Beautiful. What a wonderful 'painting' of your world!
Catherine
My word verification is: reinging.
Post a Comment