F=favorite items=fat quarters and a pattern.
R=red fabric=red organza...thought that she might use that for fabric postcards or whatever
I=something inspiring= Irish Quilting Magazine...you got to get inspired by that magazine
E=embroidery item...I machine embroidered a bookmark . (You can see it in the pic below)
N= Notions= notions case that I bought her
D=doily...a machine embroidered doily I made( pic included)
S= something special that I made again: this time it was a pincushion and bag that is attached that is for trash like threads, scraps, etc...Oops! I forgot to take a pic of it!
Well, Ros got it all, and she is now reading the magazine, as she emailed me all about it. How nice is that! I can't wait to get her package, and I will post a pic of it when it comes. It is just so nice to know that Ros enjoyed everything!
Then, my friend Maggi, whose blog is just great at http://todreamtostitch.blogspot.com/ told me about some wonderful machine quilting dvds that are all region free, so I can use them also here in Ireland. I have to share it with you as they are wonderful, and I will eventually get them all, as I am really enjoying learning about machine embroidery. Here is the link:
http://patsythompsondesigns.com./ Another friend Mary from Australia recommended the following book and dvd that comes with it. It was not region free, but luckily, I brought a Playstation 2 with me from America , and I can play the dvd on that. It is really wonderful! It is called Mastering the Art of McTavishing, which you can see at http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Art-McTavishing-Karen-McTavish/dp/0974470619. The book and dvd are so informative!
Well, it is nice to have good friends, isn't it?
Well, it is nice to have good friends, isn't it?
As for today, I worked a bit on my Carnivale quilt. Joe just took me out for dinner at the An Chistin Restaurant, which in Gaelic means The Kitchen. We had an Irish breakfast for dinner...LOL...very yummy. You can see the pic of the Irish breakfast. We only had a wee breakfast in the morning...no lunch so we would be hungry for it.

This has been a lovely Saturday!
9 comments:
What you made for your Friends swap looks great! And I hope you and Joe had a wonderful dinner together (O:
Yummy, that breakfast looks good. And the book mark is precious.
Micki geez you are on the ball with your swap...first one out girl..well done...and that breaky looks sooooo good!!! hugs Khris
Micki,
That Irish breakfast looks yummy.
It is very nice to have good friends. And I count you as one of mine :-) Jocelyn
Ohhhhhhh what a dinner!!!!!! Fun. Breakfast for dinner.
'Course, there's nearly nothing in that photo, which I can eat now. Post stents. ,-)
Hugs,
'Aunt Amelia'
Aunt Amelia's AtticDear you,
Hi Micki!!! Love the picture of the breakfast, although you can imagine that I see those in my sleep LOL!!!!! Great to see you are going to This is Knit, I will have to look for them in their new location. We have a new yarn shop in Wexford town but I have yet to find, it is down one of those little narrow streets with no name! Do you read Irish Quilting?? There might be a surprise in the next issue especially for you from me!!!! Intrigued???
My mouth is watering, I love the "white" sausage....What a lovely package for your friends swap, you're so thoughtful. Kath x
Good stuff Micki for the Friends Swap...and a nice big meal too since you missed out on lunch...Dzintra♥x
Post a Comment