Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day and The Last Carnivale Block


Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there, and I hope that you have a wonderful day tomorrow. Funny enough, this will be my second Mother's Day celebration. As I am living in Ireland now, I celebrated Mother's Day on March 22nd, as it is celebrated on that day here. Joe and the boys gave me some wonderful gifts. However being the Yank that I am and having been used to celebrating Mother's Day in May in the United States, I celebrate that one too. Do I get gifts again? Of course I do! My two boys, Rufus and Charlie have conferenced on this very seriously and got me something special, as did my hubby Joe. Here they were lying together and planning and conniving. I will see what they come up with tomorrow. They did, however, give me a preview of tomorrow's big day by giving me a wonderful card.

I wanted to share the Jacquie Lawson card that I got from Rufus and Charlie...they say that this is just the beginning to a wonderful Mothers' Day tomorrow. Here it is:

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=1863359124109&source=jl999 HMMM....is someone trying to tell me that I need to get at my gardening or what?
By the way, if you want to send someone a great card visit Jacquie Lawson's site athttp://www.jacquielawson.com/ She has the cutest cards in the world.

I also finished my last Carnivale Block...YEAH!!!!!!! I will put the top together tomorrow in the morning before we got out. Do I need sunglasses to do that job? We shall see!

8 comments:

Rosa-Munda said...

Hi Micki,
I enjoyed your Mother's Day card! Your carnival blocks are looking stunning - look forward to seeing the whole quilt.
Ros

Pursuing Art... said...

Hi Micki...wow, your blocks are gorgeous. You are just whipping right through these and I'm looking forward to seeing the top put together...it will be beautiful. Rufus and Charlie are so cute and I love the Mom's Day card they sent you too!

I knit too...but haven't for awhile. I've always wanted to try socks but have been totally afraid of the gusset. Just need to jump in and try it. I have seen her dvd and that would be such a great help!

Thank you for your note! I will catch up with you soon. Mom's day tomorrow and on vacation next week and haven't gotten off the computer yet...yikes!

Happy Mother's Day, Micki...have a great day! Take good care of yourself and that knee. ~Lisa ;-)

RG said...

Hi Micki.... gorgeous blocks!!
Stunning!!
Enjoy your 2nd MD this year lol and have a wondeful day!!
hugs
Robyn xx

Nat Palaskas said...

Happy MD Micki, hope it is nice there for you today. I am sending you some sunshine so you will need that sun glasses with you when you go out. Lovely last Carnivale block. Such gorgeous!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I'll get the glasses ready...it's going to look fabulous!!! Happy Mother's Day to you Micki...Dzintra ♥

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Oh, your Carnivale blocks are so gorgeous!! I found your blog via Freda's Hive. Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

Cattinka said...

Happy second mothers day for this year to you!
KATRIN W.

Maggi said...

What a cute card. Wish I had a gnome like that, I've just been mowing my neighbours lawns. They are at their French house until mid July.