Joe and I took a lovely spring walk. Our village was very peaceful against the backdrop of Horn Head and the ocean.
I then finished another two spikey blocks, which turned out well, and I have half the wallhanging done. I will have to get more batiks to finish the second half, but I will first lay the blocks on the bed to see what will coordinate with the left side before I purchase the blocks for the right side.
I then finished another two spikey blocks, which turned out well, and I have half the wallhanging done. I will have to get more batiks to finish the second half, but I will first lay the blocks on the bed to see what will coordinate with the left side before I purchase the blocks for the right side.
I was also machine quilting my geisha quilt, and finished the free motiong quilting of the entire top, but still need to stich in the ditch a bit and add the binding.Joe is watching the Snooker
Championship, and we are having a very nice Saturday...peaceful and restful.
Wonderful news!!....I got my partner for the Friends Swap...a woman named Ros who is from England, and we have communicated a few times.
I had to get my thinking cap on as to what I was going to buy or make for each letter of the word "friend", and finally figured out how I would approach it...Mum is the word though, because I don't want to give anything away to Ros. It was fun planning though.
Have a happy weekend and happy sewing!
10 comments:
Pretty blocks. I like the pink.
Very nice blocks! I just love those batik-fabrics.
Micki,
Love these blocks! The colors just sparkle.
Sounds like an ideal Saturday. Your village looks so lovely. I have to ask though, what is snooker?
Wow Micki! I love the hot pink and green block. The more you do the more I like them.
That's a fabulous batik in your block - the colours are so intense. Your Saturday sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day. It will be interesting to discover what you make for the Friends Swap.
Happy Stitching...Ann :)
Again two beautiful blocks done !
Boy - it has been years since I watched Snooker on TV. We used to have it here on the TV all the time.
You are sure coming along nicely on the spikey blocks. They are going to look fabulous when all together. Is it foundation piecing?
Hello,
Hope your knee heals quickly. The last spikey block is awesome,, they are all beautiful, but all the texture you have in that one just stands out..Nice here but cloudy, about 70. Keep up the blog and all your art work.
Hugs,
Maggey
...Well...there you are with more of those 'spikey' things!!! Darn...you are good at these!!
Post a Comment