Friday, May 8, 2009

Socks and Carnivale Blocks


I am down to my last Carnivale block, which I will do tomorrow, as I finished another one today.I finally get to see what the top will look like, and I am excited about sewing the blocks together. Yeah!!!!

I ordered wonderful batik fabrics from The Fat Quarter Shop at http://www.fatquartershop.com/ for both my Harvest Moon Wallhanging and the Miniature Landscape course that I registered for which begins on May 22nd. If you never have ordered from The Fat Quarter Shop, you definitely should. Kimberly, who owns the shop is incredible! I managed to order various shades of orange that I needed for the Harvest Moon, and she even had landscape fabrics.

I am knitting socks which are so cool, and luckily found a wonderful shop in Wicklow County, Ireland called The Yarn Room. If you go to the following link: http://www.theyarnroom.com/osc/index.php?cPath=22_171 , you will see the yarn that I am using. It is called Schoppel Wolle Sock Yarn, and I got it in Shade 1664, which you can see on that page. It is so colorful. I am using an Addi Circular Needle in 2.5mm and 100cm long perfect for this wool. I got a great dvd called Knitting Socks on a Single Circular Needle by Leslye Solomon, and you can see it at
If you ever wanted to get away from knitting socks on dpns and try knitting on one single circular needle, this dvd is for you.
I am off to watch some tv. Have a wonderful evening!

8 comments:

andsewon said...

You are really coming along with it..think these colorways are my fav so far!! Yoy sure get alot done. I had to choose today to use my 'up time' sewing or some home chores..with company coming had to choose the chores!!;-(
Sure hope your knee is getting better...slow/easy is the key...;-)

marina said...

Have popped over to your blog from Kris's list of swappers. I am doing the Friend's swap too.
Love your bright carnivale blocks they look really great.
Cheers
Marina

Khris said...

Will you stop showing off with all this work you are getting done..lol....are those socks for me when I visit...LOL...hugs Khris

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

I should point my daughter-the-knitter, to your blog. :-)

'Aunt Amelia'
Dear you,~
Aunt Amelia's Attic

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Nearly there...Good on you Spikey ♥x

Nat Palaskas said...

How exciting! Love them all Micki. Happy Mothers Day for tomorrow

Cattinka said...

Hi,
it looks like you´ve been having lots of fun shopping lately! But I know you need all the supplies your ordered and you will use them soon.
Have fun with your projects.
KATRIN W.

Maggi said...

Do you never stop girl? I am waiting with anticipation because I reckon that the last block is finished by now. Maggi x