Friday, October 16, 2009

Just For Your Information , Nelly, and a Christmas Irish Giveaway

I don't know if you ever knew about this site, but they give free videos on quilting. I love it! There is always something to watch which is really good, and you can't beat anything that is free! Here it is, and enjoy....It is called Quilter's TV.Where it says to browse videos, you will see the list of over 40 videos to currently watch. Also, I have been watching Country Channel Tv, which is also free. There is a ten week program called Talking Threads, which you can watch for free here. Where it has " Search for Videos", just type in "Talking Threads" and it will pop up for you. Right now, the first show is available, which is "Silk Painting with Jill Kennedy", and even though I wouldn't get into that, I enjoyed it very much. Each week a different show will be available to watch, so remember to check in next week.

As for Nelly, the dealer in Waterford said that she is "purring like a kitten"...The courier will pick her up today, but he doesn't expect me to get it till Tuesday or Wednesday. This Irish lassie is going to be happy to see her! I have two UFOs to finish, and the Civil War Bride quilt to begin, plus Christmas presents to work on as surprises for friends.

Finally, I wanted to thank all my quilting friends for their continuous generosity and love, and so I am having an Irish Christmas Giveaway in December, so get ready for lots of holiday fun Irish style. By the way, Merry Christmas in Gaelic is "Nollaig Shona". It's my favorite time of year, so no hints now, but I will start the holiday off with a bang in the month of December, so keep a lookout for it! Oh, this pic of Christmas is not typical of Ireland, as we rarely get snow, especially living near the sea here in Dunfanaghy, but one can dream!!!


I am off to Letterkenny today with Joe in the late afternoon.
Have a great day!

23 comments:

Zlaty said...

I hope your machine is safe home soon!
Great idea for giveaway! I hope you gt some snow! Let it snow...!

Zlaty

Nat Palaskas said...

Thanks for the internet TV. I bookmarked it for future use. How cool. Hope Nelly will be home soon - Hugs Nat

Abby and Stephanie said...

My Janome is off to the "spa". She has a kink to be worked out. Darn--I was in the sewing groove too. Your giveaway sounds intriguing.

Miriam said...

Thank you for the link to that site. I haven't seen it before.
I hope Nellie arrives home safe and well.:)
I can't wait for your Christmas giveaway!!!

Have fun with Joe in Letterkenny.

Millie said...

I watch Quilter TV often...and like you said it is FREE! Hope you will get snow, and if you don't you can always dream.

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for the heads up on the free videos! Can't wait to see what your Irish giveaway will be :-)

Carol said...

Enjoy your day out.
Glad you liked the Stitchers Angel gifts. The "reveal" is now up at my blog.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Well, you had enough snow in your former home anyway. :-))))))

andsewon said...

Oh my now I have something else to do online... ha ha!
I am loving my new high speed as I can see these now.
I know you will be happy to have Nelly back home once more!!
I am sure if you really wanted to see snow you could travel a bit to see a lot!
Oh my can't wait to see what you have up that sleeve of yours for the Giveaway!!

Have fun in Letterkenny!
Lola

molly said...

We always got cards at Christmas when I was growing up, that showed snow scenes like this one.....How we longed for snow! But even if it did fall, it melted as soon as it hit the ground!

Barb said...

I will have to go and check out those sites, they sound awesome and so does your giveaway...hope i am near a computer because I will be gone for the month of Dec....whoooohooo.

Hey, how did you do your button?

Maggi said...

Hope Nellie gets home safe and sound and ready for the run up to Christmas. I enjoyed Talking threads although like you I am unlikely to do silk painting. I can say that with confidence as I have had a book of Jill Kennedy's for 18 years and not actually use it yet!

Maggi x

Abatevintage said...

Micki can't wait to see your Irish giveaway how wonderful. I will have to drop over to this site and see what they have there. Thanks for the heads up meeting knew people is fun and exciting. Thank you for visiting my little Isabel it made her night :0) Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the video post. I am not good at some types of sewing and I am always looking for ways to improve. Thank god for free videos on the web.

Hope you have a nice weekend and your giveaway sounds great, can't wait.

Willow

Loralynn said...

Thanks for the links! They look great!

Anonymous said...

Hey Micki,

I can't wait to see all your Irish Christmas pictures...wishing I could be back in my homeland with you this holiday season! Meagan =)

Jackie's Stitches said...

I hope Nellie is home safe and sound soon! She has a lot to do!

Thank you for the websites. I'd never visited either one and look forward to browsing through them.

SewCalGal said...

Great post. Can't wait to learn more about an Irish Christmas. I'm willing to bet that there beer & music is included.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

DianeY said...

I love everything Irish!!!!

Shelly said...

Thank you for the share. Free turorial videos are the best thing on earth! I never heard of Quilter's TV. After visiting, I think it's really cool and helpful.

Searchfamilies said...

I love Christmas time also, have you been to Quilt in a Day site there you can click on a link to see all the past shows that she done so if you miss it on the Rural Channel you can see it
Hope that Nelly will be home soon
Hugs Janice

Unknown said...

Ah to have your second best friend back in the house! Bliss!
We have had such terrible weather, that we had snow last weekend to drive us off the island and home to central heat.
Be thankful I suppose that there is little snow in Ireland. Does it get quite damp though due to lots of rain? I'm not up on Irish weather, even though here in Canada weather is an obsession.

Clarity said...

I like instructional videos, it never surprises me how people can share their enthusiasm with this medium, have you tried youtube?

As for living by the sea, that is a dream for some of us, you blessed girl, and an Irish sea too...

I ADORE that Tom Waits is one of your favourite musicians, continually surprising.