Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Three Lovely Surprises and Nelly Goes To Waterford



You know how things come in threes. I got three packages in the mail. The first one was from Carole Anne, who lives in Philadelphia and who has the blog Carole's Calicos. I am putting that first, as she sent me things from my hometown of Philadelphia, which just thrilled me. First, there was a marvelous Philly Coca Cola pen in red. She then gave me a siggy with the Liberty Bell on it. Finally, I got a Sunbonnet Sue Embroidery pattern and gorgeous fabric with wonderful cats on them. Thanks so much!

Next, I got the book Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling in the mail from my good friend Dzintra for winning her 100th Post giveaway. If you haven't been to her blog, Queen of the Armchair, please visit. I can't wait to read the tales. Thanks for a lovely prize, as you know how much I love reading!

Finally, I found out who my Stitcher's Angel was....It is Carol from Tennessee, who has a lovely blog called A Scot in Tennessee. I was thrilled that it turned out to be sweet Carol. She sent me her final angel gifts which were a lovely handmade wallhanging, which is already hung up on the wall in our living room, beautiful pink fabric, rooster notecards, and a lovely "M" magnet which is on our refrigerator. As you can see, she used my favorite colour pink...
My goodness was I
thrilled by it all! Thanks so much for wonderful gifts, and for being such a good angel.



I must mention that I am in a bit of mourning, as Nelly, my Pfaff 4.0 Expression will be arriving in Waterford today for its service. I won't be getting it back till the weekend, or maybe early next week. I will be going into sewing withdrawal, but she will come back purring like a kitten, and sewing in perfection.
That was my day so far. Joe and I moved furniture around, and boy with all the painting, the cottage looks spiffy. My bathtub will be installed next week, so that is all fun!
I want to thank so much all the friends that I am making through our blogs. It is so heartwarming to know that I have formed such wonderful friendships, and boy am I lucky!

Have a lovely Tuesday!

36 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Such lovely presents!!! How happy you must feel. Oh dear, what will you do without your Pfaff??? Guess you have enough to do (O:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Beeeeeeeutiful night shot of Philly! I love night photography.

It's sooooooo nice when the "things which come in threes," are nice things!!! And yours were. :-)

Oh my, "Nelly" is going to the 'Servicing Place.' But as you said, she will be home soon and perky as a new kitten. :-)

Gentle hugs,
Aunt Amelia

Unknown said...

You have "Irish Luck" that's all I can say. Think of how many winnings you've had over the year and buy a lottery ticket girl!
All designers say that a coat of paint does wonders for ones spirit and I think you found that out.
While Nelly is in the shop, keep cutting out a few quilts for future.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pressies.
I do hope "Nelly" comes home feeling better and ready to go....
Hugs xxx

Judy S. said...

You sure are a lucky gal, Micki! I'll be interested to hear about the book as I'm reading HP#7 with a student and we've just got to the part where Hermoine gets the book and doesn't know what to make of it.

Beansieleigh said...

My goodness, you HAVE done well this week! MUCH nicer than just the same old bills and junk mail!!! I just found out this morning I won a drawing, and now have a crow, Mr. Crow that is, coming to my mailbox soon, from Pennywig's!!.. Sorry to hear about "Nelly", but she'll be back home, and feeling so much better soon! (0; ~tina

Jocelyn said...

What a wonderful day you are having Micki!. And thanks for being such a great bloggy friend to me too :-)

Tracey said...

What beautiful gifts, and it's not even your birthday! lol I love that Coke pen- I am a Coke freak!! lol I used to have one that had ink that smelled like Coca-Cola when I was in grade school. :)

Granny Lyn said...

What a wonderful bunch of happiness you have there!! triple the dose!

it is always so sad to send the machine out to be taken care of, it's just like sending a child to the dr. by their selves,,,unthinkable! tee hee you're going to have to hand stitch or read until she's home safely!

Unknown said...

congrats on all your goodies.....

Miriam said...

What a wonderful lot of goodies you have received!!

I hope "Nellie" is back home quickly.

It sounds like all the painting is really looking great. I bet you can't wait till the bathtub is installed!

Zlaty said...

Aren't the quilter generous people! Enjoy your goodies!

I am sure you will keep busy with painting and you will be full of inspiration to get sewing when your machine is back! Don't forget to take breaks! :)

Zlaty

Barb said...

HOw fun for you!!! The package from your hometown must have been awesome....

Hope you don't go through too bad of withdrawls from lack of machine.

Julia said...

Such lovely presents, Micki....
Congratulatio0ns!
You will miss Nelly..but she'll come back as good as new...I must get my machine serviced too!
Julia ♥

Mrs Quilty said...

What wonderful packages you received! It's so fun, isn't it!! I bet you felt so great to receive from your hometown! Very fun indeed! You will be so happy when "Nelly" comes home as she'll feel like a new machine!! You sure have perked up your house it sounds like! That's very uplifting!! So rent movies and cuddle with Joe til you get Nelly back!!

fabricartist21 said...

Yes Midki we are all very lucky to have made so many nice friends on the blogs. My sister got me into this and I told her she was crazy but now I know what she meant. It is so much fun. To think that you get this from me and you live in Ireland WOW.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

So pleased the book arrived safely Micki...what a wonderful day you have had...and Nelly will be back soon...Happy reading, Dzintra♥x

andsewon said...

What a super day Micki! With all the work you have been doing a nice soak in that tub will be heaven!
Yes you are so right and thanks for being a bloggy pal on mine too!
hugs,
Lola

Abatevintage said...

Micki how fun to get treats in the mail. I love it. I hope your knew tub will be wonderful for you, it's always nice getting knew peices for the home. I hope this day is finding you well.

Blessings,
Heidi

SewCalGal said...

Glad to hear you had a delightful day.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

marina said...

What lovely gifts you have received. You will have lots to keep you busy while you wait for your machine to come home.
cheers
Marina

Nat Palaskas said...

Hi Micki, sorry that Nelly will be away! What a lucky sewing machine. I wish I went to Waterford with it - Hugs Nat

Searchfamilies said...

Lovely gifts it sort of early christmas presents when gifts arrive
Hugs Janice

Anonymous said...

So many wonderful gifts Micki. Since your sewing machine is out for repairs take this time to read and relax. We have been having some really cold and wet days here. I miss the Indian Summer we usually have.

Willow

Nanette Merrill said...

Love the package from "home". Cute stuff. All of it fun.

LeKaQuilt said...

What a lovely start on your day - a lot of godis in the mail! And such lovely presents too :o) I hope that "Nelly" is feeling bether soon and come home, god as a new sewing machine :O)

Maggey and Jim said...

Hello Micki,
I am reading a really good book called NOW AND THEN by Jacqueline Sheehan. I thing you will like it if you haven't already read it. Have a good week.
Hugs
Maggey

a good yarn said...

What fun to have opened all those wonderful parcels full of beautiful gifts. I'm sure *Nelly* will enjoy her *spa retreat* and will be ready to pick up where you both left off! Ann :)

webbsway said...

Hi Mickie
I must tell you how much I adore your new look on your blog - it is so beautiful.

And when you said, I will be going into sewing withdrawal, I almost fell out of my chair laughing because I am having the same problem with my embroidery machine ! I had to take it to the machine doctor last Thurs. and It is absolutely killing me . I did not realize you could become so attached to a machine!!!!!!!!!! lol
Congrats. on your new gifts- I think we all love your -out here!
Hugs, Linda from VA

Anonymous said...

Another great mail day -- I love it! :)

Susan In Texas said...

Hi Micki,
Thanks for your kind words about my Christmas ornament. I admit that pink & green don't immediately put me in mind of Christmas, but Vickie's all pink & green tree was really cool! If you're *into* Christmas, Vickie's whole house is a real treat, with 9completely decorated (many full size) themed Christmas trees. It's really something to see.

All the best,
Susan
http://susanintexas.blogspot.com
gentle_poster@charter.net

Loralynn said...

What wonderful things! I still have to send out my angel gifts and the clock is ticking!!!

Stephanie Hughes said...

Micki, I had to laugh when I say your presents, I have the ornament fabric. Bought it for a scrub top for the holidays. I love it! You must miss Philly, the photos are great. Steph

Pat from Florida said...

You received some lovely gifts! Isn't it interesting how we name and personify our sewing machines?

Michaeljacksonlover1 said...

Hi Micki I Isabel Fairy Footprints in the sand's daughter and I was wondering if you could come join my blog because I am going to have a giveaway when I have followers besides family members so can you tell some of your friends to come join my blog please.Well I hope you have a great day!Bye!

Sincerly,
The Thriller is gone

Unknown said...

You will have to let me know how Beetle the Bard is...I am a harry fan too! Great presents.....