Thursday, October 8, 2009

PIFS, A New Quilting Magazine, and a Siggy


Carol from A Scot in Tennessee has drawn three names for PIFS, which means Pay It Forward. That means that she makes three people gifts that are handmade, and sends them off anytime within a year. So now, I make three gifts for three people, and they will be determined by who are the first three people who answer this post. The hitch is that you must then do a PIF on your blog, and so it continues and continues. You know me, I am a sucker for making people gifts, so as Carol said in her last email to me, "This is so much fun!"

Also, I wanted to tell you about a new quilting magazine that is coming out, and it is called Quilt Life and it is being published by American Quilter's Society(AQS). Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson will be introducing quilting artists , techniques, patterns, etc. The subscription is only 20 dollars for 6 issues, so I thought that was a good deal, but you only have till December 31st to get that deal. I am a member of The Quilt Show, so I got the information from their latest newsletter. I will be subscribing to it for sure, as I love Ricky and Alex. I subscribe to Patchwork and Quilting Magazine from the UK, Knit Today,
and The Irish Quilting Magazine. I was wondering which magazines you subscribe to and enjoy.

Finally, I got a wonderful siggy in the mail. I am really getting close to having all the siggies that I need for a quilt, so it is exciting. This one came from Jane in Australia, and the fabric has all my favorite animals and birds from that country. I just love it! Thanks so much for a lovely siggy! As I have many friends from Australia, this one is so special!
Have a great day...I can't believe that the weekend is upon us again so soon!

14 comments:

Maggi said...

I saw that magazine too Micki, the offer is so good it will be silly to turn it down - oh dear, here I go again, another magazine! I subscribe to Popular Patchwork, Quilting Arts, Patchwork and Quilting, Stitch, Quiltmania and Machine Quilting Unlimited. I love reading so really enjoy it when they drop through the l letterbox. I will fight to the end against digital subscriptions! Can't take part in your PIF I am afraid as I am already committed with one. Good luck with yours though. Maggi x

Shakerwood said...

Count me in, Micki! I've been looking for a PIF to join but I was always one person too late for all of them.

I can't post about it until Monday at the earliest because I'll be away all weekend so we'll "talk" when I get back.

Looking forward to it.

Barb said...

Hi Micki, I just wanted to pop in and tell you how much I appreciate all your visits to Bella Vista and your kind comments.

Hope you are having a wonderful Fall!

Barb ♥

carole ann said...

Well Micki, count me in for your PIF. Just let me know what all I need to do. At the moment I am not into too many magazines, just see them at the store and whatever strikes my fancy I get.

blushing rose said...

That is a pretty siggy, Micki. So was the pillowcase you created.

Hs the weather turned over there yet? We are on the roller coaster ...


Have a snuggly warm eve.TTFN ~Marydon

Julia said...

That is a greatd deal Micki..
I have a big trunk full of mags that I subscribed to...now I just buy what catches my eye at the shops..
Julia ♥

Searchfamilies said...

Nice Siggy block.
I don't subscribe to any magazines mostly as i do like to see what inside the ones we get here as i wouldn't want every issue & not sure which one of the American ones i would like
Hugs Janice

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea. I saw that movie and it broke my heart at the end.

Have a nice weekend.

Willow

Heckety said...

Its always interesting what angle a new magazine will take, especially when its on a subject close to one's heart (purse?). Sometimes its exactly what one's been looking for, and another time its better for occasional inspiration. I just love magazines!

Stephanie Hughes said...

I would to PIF! You could count me in if you select me! I love a challenge! I also love quilting magazines and I will check this one out. Do you know if it will be on the shelf first so we can check it out and see if we like it?
Micki, what is a siggy? Do share! Thanks Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Hi Micki,

I regularly receive The Quilter and Quilter's World. I also buy any other issues that I really like...

Have a great weekend.

Miri said...

Now I really know I've been away from blogging for a while: love your blog's new look!

Unknown said...

the magazine looks great...I am a quilting magazine hoarder anyway...love the quilt block too!

Pat from Florida said...

I love that Australian Siggy! Aren't they such fun to collect? Bet you won't be able to stop once you make your quilt....