
I joined Heidi's Magical Disney Sunday, as I love Walt Disney, and gee whiz, I took the nickname "Micki" after Mickey Mouse, so this is right up my alley. I have fairy dust in hand that I am throwing on this post, and whisking you all to my magical Disney post. I love so many Disney characters, but I will be talking about one of my favorites today, which is "Beauty and the Beast."

Check Sunday, each week, and read about my love for Disney, and how it has shaped a bit of whom I am today. I hope that it does uplift your spirits and makes your week a bit brighter. Love has a tendency to do just that!

I loved the Beast, and I
always believed that looks were not that important. The eyes are the window to the soul, and when Belle looks into the Beast's eyes, she sees his human heart and soul, and she then truly loves him. I always see Joe's eyes when I think of that scene when she dances with the Beast and is looking into his eyes. Joe has the bluest eyes you can imagine, and a beautiful soul to match. The ballroom scene is my favorite, because Belle and the Beast were so interconnected, and you really experience the love that Belle and the Beast are feeling.
always believed that looks were not that important. The eyes are the window to the soul, and when Belle looks into the Beast's eyes, she sees his human heart and soul, and she then truly loves him. I always see Joe's eyes when I think of that scene when she dances with the Beast and is looking into his eyes. Joe has the bluest eyes you can imagine, and a beautiful soul to match. The ballroom scene is my favorite, because Belle and the Beast were so interconnected, and you really experience the love that Belle and the Beast are feeling.Being the Hopeless Romantic that I am, Disney's "Beauty and the Beast"led me to follow the tv series of "Beauty and the Beast" years later with Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton. I never missed a show on
Friday night.
Then I loved the book Wuthering Heights....the soulmates Catherine and Heathcliffe walking the moors together.
Friday night.Then I loved the book Wuthering Heights....the soulmates Catherine and Heathcliffe walking the moors together.
Now, I have moved onto the Twilight Series, and again there is that timeless theme of love and soulmatesthat we see in Bella and Edward.
Last but not least, the romanticism in me led me to marry my soulmate Joe and to leave America to live in beautiful
Ireland. It did all start with Disney, and that timeless story "Beauty and the Beast," so when you say that I have the "Luck of the Irish", it is not in winning giveaways, it is in meeting my soulmate, Joe.
.(1).png)
Ireland. It did all start with Disney, and that timeless story "Beauty and the Beast," so when you say that I have the "Luck of the Irish", it is not in winning giveaways, it is in meeting my soulmate, Joe..(1).png)
Check Sunday, each week, and read about my love for Disney, and how it has shaped a bit of whom I am today. I hope that it does uplift your spirits and makes your week a bit brighter. Love has a tendency to do just that!


25 comments:
What a lovely post Micki...you indeed have found your Soul Mate!!! I am so glad you enjoyed the Twilight series so much...I am so looking forward to New Moon...Dzintra♥x
Oh Micki.. Brighten my weekend and lift my spirits? You absolutely DID!.. What a beautiful post! I DO SO-ooo LOVE "Happily Ever Afters"!! Happy Magical Disney Sunday! Whatever you're doing, I hope your weekend is a magical one! ~tina
Living in Utah, we can easily drive to Disneyland in about 6 hours for a vacation. My husband's family went every summer, and once we had children we kept up the tradition also. It's still Mr. Cactus' favorite place on Earth, and yes, it's magical.
Lovely post Micki!
I grew up with Disney and you have stirred up some fond memories!
Thanks for sharing :)
What a wonderful post! I too love Beauty and the Beast. I actually just popped it in last night and watched it with the kids :)
Hope you have a wonderful day today! I have joined your followers if you get a chance please swing by and see my Magical Disney Post.
~Karrie
Oh my gosh Micki we must be krindrid souls, I used to watch the series Beauty and the Beast on television, and always wanted Vincent and Katherine to get together, and thought it was so neat that those people lived in the underground sewers and caves, and how neat it was. Oh what a wonderful post. And I have finished the enitre Twilights series myself and loved it as well. As soon as I saw the commercial I went out and saw it then I had to know what happened after that and read the whole series. I will definately be the first in line to see New Moon :0)
Thank you so much for doind a magical Disney Sunday it was so fun to read your Disney Sunday post. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your Sunday. I forgot to mention yesterday on pink Saturday I had to introduce a blog that I just met recently and it was yours ;0) I hope you received some knew visitors it's always fun meeting knew people. Take care.
Blessings,
Heidi
Oh, you have the best fairy tale ending in finding your soulmate!
And happily ever after they lived!
You are making Sundays so much more special.
Thanks for sharing. Delightful!
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
I loved the Linda Hamilton show too! I also actually worked at Disney Land (in the Emporium on Main Street) when I was in high school. My kids always watched Disney movies and just yesterday at the yarn shop we were talking about Disney on Sunday nights after Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. Good Times!
O Micki! I believe that Mr. Walt Disney would give you a big hug for that post. He was such a grand man who wanted to make everybody a happier person by bringing a little magic into their lives. I think he would feel that he accomplished that with you!
So keep your "Disney MO-JOE"!!! groooovvving" You are such a treasure.
Love and best wishes - Linda
I dropped by for a while, tried to become a follower but will try again at a later date. Love your blog....
I love Disney, I'm a big kid at heart! Have you seen this video that was just posted? If the link doesn't work I'll gladly email it to you.
http://www.gadling.com/2009/10/02/tilt-shifted-day-in-the-life-of-disney/?icid=main%7Caim%7Cdl4%7Clink4%7Chttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.gadling.com%2F2009%2F10%2F02%2Ftilt-shifted-day-in-the-life-of-disney%2F
I love disney as well, i remember going to see my first film of his which was Snow White & i still love it even now
Hugs Janice
What a nice tribute to your hubby. I enjoyed reading it so much. I too am a romantic and 'Beauty and The Beast' is one of my favorites. To find your true love and move to Ireland! Sigh.... A truly beautiful story. I hope you have a lovely day ♥
Such a sweet post, Micki... Thank you.
And it's also nice to see someone who says right out, they love Disney. Did you ever notice how some people kind of 'look down their noses' at some of Disney's drawings of famous children's stories and the like? It kind of rankles me, when I see such.
To me, one can appreciate both the drawings in the original version of a book. Annnnnd, the Disney film version of it. In fact, I love 'em. :-)
GASP! I didn't even recognize whose blog I was on! I love your makeover!
It's a 24/7 Disney fest here at our house. Sophia is a big fan of Cinderella and Jungle Book but also likes quite a few of the new pixar movies too.
I can't wait to watch Disney Sunday unfold!!
The best thing about Disney,,,the belief in LOVE!!!
what a wonderful post, reminding us all of love and forevers.
thanks Micki, you're the best!
I love Disney too. They make great movies and tv shows. I remember watching the tv series beauty and the beast too. I hated it when Katherine died. After that it was not the same.
Willow
Catching up on your writings, Micki. Love those Irish street signs ... your Disney Sunday is wonderful! ... your wonderful soul mate forever. How blessed you are.
May your eve be full, warm & loving.
TTFN ~Marydon
I am a Disney fan and I can proudly say I visited both Disneyland and Disney world. Thanks to my kids who too me!!! I love a good Disney movie - Hugs Nat
I'm convinced...we do WDW in Orlando almost every week with the kiddies - they think it's "Normal".
It's a magical place and it's different every visit. Wish you were here to go with us. The girls wore their Mulan costumes this weekend and had a lovely long visit with the "real" Mulan, their favorite of all the Princesses.
what a lovely post, disney, "Love, and magic" I love disney.
What a wonderful post, thanks for sharing!!
It is fun to get caught up with you and your blog. Fun stuff.
Post a Comment