Friday, October 2, 2009

The Streets of Ireland Signposts and Some Gifts in the Mail



I will be showing you The Streets of Ireland in various stages. Today, I embroidered the signposts with the names of the towns, and then I machine appliqued them to the wallhanging. I was really pleased with how it looked. I will now have to put the layers together, and begin machine quilting and the decorative stitching.



Also, I got my giveaway gift in the mail from Anne who has a blog called Stitch Crazy. I got some lovely stitchery patterns that I will throughly enjoy doing in my lounge chair at night, especially since Joe got me a Dreamland velvety electric throw to keep me warm. It is amazing! Anyways, thanks so much Anne for your lovely giveaway package of patterns!
Also Mel, from Mels Own Place, sent me a wonderful package of goodies with a beautiful note. Let's start with what I got. She gave me a pattern, 4 fat quarters which are just so colourful, and a door hanger that she handmade with the letter "M" on it. I have hung the door hanger on our living room door. That brings me to the note, which has to do with explaining the door hanger. Mel said that she created a door hanger to hang somewhere, so I could be reminded to take the time out of each day for myself...whether I sew, read, knit or just quietly contemplate, she said it was good to make time for myself each and every day. That is so sweet, and boy is that true!
Mel, I thank you so much, and I am so happy that we are friends. It has been a joy!!!!!
Well, that was my day...sewing, the usual walk with Joe, and reading my Sara Donati book, knitting in my lounge chair, and watching tv, of course with my new Dreamland throw. Mel, as you can see, I am taking the time to think of myself a bit.

15 comments:

DianeY said...

Love your signpost!! My husband & I visited Ireland almost 5 years ago & in my photos I have a lot of signposts! I always got such a kick out of them as well as a good sense of direction! Can't wait to see your quilt when it is done!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Take time to think of ourselves! Yes! Oh yes, so wise.

If we don't re-charge our own batteries, how will we do anything for anyone else? :-)

Aunt Amelia

Anonymous said...

Your wallhanging is looking good. I love that idea and lucky you to get those gifts.

Willow

Abatevintage said...

Micki what great gifts, I haven't won a giveaway yet, but it sounds fun. I love em. Congrats sweety. Have a great weekend.

Blessings,
Heidi

Nedra said...

Mel really does spoil a girl doesn't she? Love your streets of Ireland project already.

Betsy said...

Micki I loce the Irish quilt and the gifts you received.

marina said...

That block is coming along really nicely. The rose border is lovely.
How did you get the town names so neat and even?
cheers
Marina

SewCalGal said...

Your signpost is so cute. I think you could make a series along this theme. And sell your designs. Seriously!

Absolutely delightful!

SewCalGal
www.SewCalGal.blogspot.com

Searchfamilies said...

We all need time for ourselves, the wallhanging is looking good, & you had a good day with all the goodies arriving
Hugs Janice

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a lovely blissful day Micki...Enjoy, Dzintra♥x

Marie said...

Hi Micki, love your new quilt. what great memories of Ireland.Your work is so beautiful and I love to read your blog each day. How is your leg? Have a beautiful weekend. Hugs, Marie

Mel said...

The sign post is great! Wonderful idea!!

I'm glad my goodies arrived safely!!

Stephanie Hughes said...

Micki, I wanted to say Hi from Maryland! I spent some time reading your blog, found you on Lurline's blog and thought I would investigate. I love your posts, your forum and your layout. I will have to follow you now! I have a friend in Northern Ireland that was my neighbor for 3 years while her family was stationed here near NSA then home she went again. I of course made her a quilt to remember me by and we keep in touch by email. BUT...I am dying to know what made you leave Philly and head to Ireland yourself? I am new to blog land but am excited about this new adventure. Thanks for sharing your new quilt of Ireland. Stephanie from Maryland

fabricartist21 said...

Love the signposts and did not know that they are parot of Ireland. Thanks for your joining my blog and I love yours and try to check it out at least once a week.

Shelly said...

I love your signpost design. Very cute indeed!