Saturday, October 3, 2009

Nice Video for a Quiet Saturday Morning

Thought you would like this video called Quilting in the Garden 2009. I watched it this Saturday morning with my first cup of coffee, so have yourself a cup o' tea or coffee and enjoy the eye candy. Lovely quilts and very relaxing! I am a member of The Quilt Show, and it was on their blog. By the way, I would highly recommend you become a member of that show, as they give great shows and you can watch them in the convenience of your home whenever you want.

Also, you can add your blog to this site called Quilter Blog.com It's a neat way to share your blog with other people.

PS:I saw Daniel Purcell on The Quilt Show, and I thought he was super talented. I just found out from Nedra( as you can see by her comment below) that he is designer behind Quilterblog.com ...How neat is that! I told Nedra that I saw him on The Quilt Show today, so I had to tell you that he also wrote a really neat book called Websites for Quilters, which I felt was an excellent resource book, as it discusses how you can maximize your blogging.You can see it at Dan's website, as I just looked it up.
Have a great Saturday!

6 comments:

Heckety said...

Looks like me trying to get the laundry up! Did you see that quilt with all the applique flower baskets? Some amazing quilts there alright!

Nedra said...

Daniel Purcell (son of Bob & Heather Purcell) is the designer behind Quilter Blog.com, and his offices are now up stairs at Superior Threads. He is a great young man. Thanks so much for the plug for his site.

a good yarn said...

You are right Micki - what a lovely way to spend some time. The quilts were lovely. What a nice setting. Ann :)

Abatevintage said...

Oh I wish I could quilt, since I got the carpul tunnel in both wrists, holding a needle is so difficult. I love quilting though, I made a quilt for my little girl before she was born so that she could always treasure it. Wonderful post sweety, happy quilting.

Blessings,
Heidi

Maggey and Jim said...

Hello Micki,
Didn't you just love that garden video..What a lot of work they put in to that event, would like to go there someday? They were all spectacular.. Have a blessed Sunday..
Maggey

Kath said...

Hello Micki, I love your Streets of Ireland work! I did smile when I read your Disney post. Our dog Roobarb has one special toy- you've guessed it- Mickey Mouse! She carries him around and tosses him in the air when she is excited. He has no stuffing in his legs and is rather grubby, but much loved. I always smile to see her sleeping with her chin resting on his plastic head! Kath x