Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Samoa Pillowcase and Birthday Fat Quarter



I thought you would want to see the pillowcase that I made, as it is machine embroidered and appliqued and has a dark satin border, but Barb will get to see it in person, and as always, it is much prettier in person. The other set of pillow cases are much more plain, so I didn't take a pic. They are on their way to Samoa, so hopefully Barb will get them soon.




Also, Cindy from Ohio sent me a Birthday fat quarter. I should say the second one, as the first one got lost, as my birthday was back in June. It was nice of her to send me another one, and I love the blue colour of the fabric. Thanks so much Cindy!

25 comments:

Searchfamilies said...

Lovely pillowcase i am sure it will be well received & how nice for you to be sent a 2nd FQ in place of the lost one
Hugs Janice

andsewon said...

Very pretty Micki! I am sure whomever receives it will love it.
I had a package to MI get lost also..first one in a long while so getting another one ready also.
Hugs,
Lola

Carol said...

You've been PIF(fed). Check my blog :)

The pillowcase and recent gifts are great.

Anonymous said...

Very nice pillowcase Micki, and very neat. Touch wood!! I have not had any gifts get lost yet, but knowing the Royal Mail, I guess It will happen eventually. hugs xxx

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely machine embroidery and appliqué! And how sad a parcel got lost. Glad you got it send again.

Beansieleigh said...

Your pillowcase is beautiful! I'm sure your friend Barb will love it! ~tina

Tracey said...

Beautiful!!

Loralynn said...

Really pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hi Micki, the pillow case is beautiful. I hate it when things get lost in the mail. It seems to be happening more all the time.

Willow

Lurline said...

You are a truly thoughtful soul, Micki!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Nedra said...

The pillowcase will fit right in in Samoa

Kath said...

How like you, to think of others. You have a heart of gold, like the Celtic Princess doll. Kathxx

Anonymous said...

So pretty!!! I love red and white together.

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

CindyMae said...

The pillow case is gorgeous and that fabric you received is to die for!!!

webbsway said...

Great Job Mickie! I bet they will be able to feel the love -that you sent with each stitch!

I think we are blowing away over here in the US- how is it over there?
HUGS , Linda

Chris H said...

Stew and I went through the wardrobes last night and gathered up a huge bag of soft toys to send to the Samoan Children. YOur pillowcase is lovely.

Mel said...

I love the red and white combination of the stunning pillow case! How nice of you to send that along to Samoa!

Magia da Inês said...

Olá amiga!
Seu cantinho é tudo de bom!
Lindo, criativo, diversificado e alegre...
Parabéns pelo seu trabalho!
Espero você em:
magiadaines.blogspot.com
Beijinhos carinhosos.
Itabira - Brasil

retdairyqueen said...

Lovely pillow case

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

That is so lovely and thoughtful of you Micki!!! And how disappointing your pressie got lost...Dzintra♥x

Barb said...

Oh my....that pillowcase is lovely.....you will never know if I keep it...heheee....yes, I would be tempted but wouldn't...truly.

I subscribe to many quilt magazines but am going to stop...I have way to many....

Oh by the way, thanks sooo much, I am sure who ever gets the pillowcase will love it, probably use it as a purse...it is soooo wonderful!!

You do have a quilters heart!!

Millie said...

Micki, lovely pillowcase and I love the red on white.

Anonymous said...

I think you did a most wonderful job on your pillowcase!

Joanne said...

Very pretty pillowcase. Its nice to think people will receive lovely handmade one-of-a-kind items as well as the generic things.