Saturday, October 25, 2008

Machine Felted Cat In Progress


I machine felted a cat with my Babylock EMB12 and used wool roving for the entire cat. I also embellished it a wee bit with yarn and used acryllic paints to add some highlights to the eyes. it is going to be the front panel of a bag. I will have to machine quilt the cat tomorrow, and then proceed to finish the bag. The fabric for the bag, as you can see, is a wonderful purple batik. What a fun bag it will be!
When I complete the project I will post the pic. It is amazing what you can do with machine felting and bit of imagination.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Micki, your cat looks kinda cute! Is this going to be your Halloween bag? You are soon going to be known around town, as the "Bag Lady", lol
Good job.
Marie

Maggey and Jim said...

hello micki,
you really captured the light in the cat's eyes.. really good. I knew you must be busy cause I hadn't heard from you.
Hugs
Maggey

Cathy said...

Oh, Micki. Your cat ROCKS!! What a cutie. Now you have me really interested in needle felting. Did you mention where you got all your roving? Keep up the wonderful creativity.
Cathy