Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Another Spikey Block


I finished this spikey block in the morning, as we are off to the vet with the dogs. It is just their yearly booster, but the trip is an hour and a quarter one way, and the stress level is high to say the least. It will be wonderful being home again...boy, I am saying that a lot lately.LOL


The spikey blocks are going pretty quickly, so if I do one a day, I will be done in less than two weeks. It will definitely be my most colorful quilt.
I also found a wonderful site called Quilter Weekly Home Study Courses, and they are giving two free courses, one of them being on fabric postcards. So if you have always wanted to learn how to make a fabric postcard, you can take that course at http://www.quiltingweekly.com/homestudy/.

9 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

Micki, I like the color of this block too. Sorry if I haven't been around lately. Work is keeping me busy these days. Can't wait to see this get come together.

Cattinka said...

I really like your spikes! They are so colourful and you are so fast at making them.
Thanks for the link.
KATIRN W.

Anonymous said...

I too hate those trips to the vet.. not that it's a long ways from here but our doggie is NOT a people or animal person.. we have to muzzle her and she hates that too.
Love your new block.. I'm hoping to start on a quilt project today.

andsewon said...

Very bright indeed! Will be a nice perky quilt to have around! yes vet visits for these 2 here can be stressful also. They do not like other folks at all. Ha!!
Sorry been out of pocket, been laying in recliner with a bum knee.
Will try to get caught up on posts.
Lola

scraphappy said...

What vibrant colors. I'm looking forward to seeing all of these together. Not much longer now.

FeatherDuster said...

Wowsers that's a bright block! :O

I'll be watching for progress, to see what the whole project looks like.

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely once again, also the other one. The colors are so happy! Wonderful job! You are unbelievably fast (O:

Anonymous said...

Micki, I love your colors and your spikes are sharp. What size is the finished quilt? Carol from Pa and Fl

Browndirtcottage said...

...oh wow...I want to do something 'spikey' on of these days...I'm impressed!!!