I am going to get this posted a day early and tell you about my May Star. Pat is a lovely lady who has a great blog at Posh and Trendy which is at http://poshandtrendy.blogspot.com/ Get to know her through her interview below and visit her wonderful blog.Pat's Interview:
ABOUT ME:
Hi, my name is Pat and I'm a wife, mother, grandmother and retired commercial artist that loves any and all fiber arts.
If someone were to ask me what experience has shaped my life and personality the most, I would say, without hesitation, growing up on a farm where I learned to understand plant, human and animal relationships, developed a sense of responsibility and gained skills and experiences that have helped me throughout my adult years.
WHAT INSPIRES ME:
Gosh, what inspires me? That's a tough one to answer because lots of things get me going. I have an incredible urge to create things.
WHAT I LOVE TO DO MOST CREATIVELY:
I absolutely love to take fabric scraps and sew them together into larger pieces that can then be cut out to make something useful... not just quilts but clothing and I love to design and make my own patterns.
MY FAVORITE FABRIC AND DESIGNER:
Fabric stores are danergous-magical places for me and I'm not sure I have any favorite designer but I do like Joel Dewberry, Heather Ross and Amy Butler fabrics.
UFO I INTEND TO FINISH FIRST:
My daughters quilt I started 10 years ago
WHAT'S ON THE DESIGN WALL NOW:
Christmas gifts. two knitted sweaters
WHO WOULD I LOVE TO MEET:
All my blog friends.. their my idols and inspiration
IF I HAD ONE WISH:
To have more time to sew.
PLANS FOR THE FUTURE:
Declutter my sewing room and take a long vacation.
If someone were to ask me what experience has shaped my life and personality the most, I would say, without hesitation, growing up on a farm where I learned to understand plant, human and animal relationships, developed a sense of responsibility and gained skills and experiences that have helped me throughout my adult years.
WHAT INSPIRES ME:
Gosh, what inspires me? That's a tough one to answer because lots of things get me going. I have an incredible urge to create things.
WHAT I LOVE TO DO MOST CREATIVELY:
I absolutely love to take fabric scraps and sew them together into larger pieces that can then be cut out to make something useful... not just quilts but clothing and I love to design and make my own patterns.
MY FAVORITE FABRIC AND DESIGNER:
Fabric stores are danergous-magical places for me and I'm not sure I have any favorite designer but I do like Joel Dewberry, Heather Ross and Amy Butler fabrics.
UFO I INTEND TO FINISH FIRST:
My daughters quilt I started 10 years ago
WHAT'S ON THE DESIGN WALL NOW:
Christmas gifts. two knitted sweaters
WHO WOULD I LOVE TO MEET:
All my blog friends.. their my idols and inspiration
IF I HAD ONE WISH:
To have more time to sew.
PLANS FOR THE FUTURE:
Declutter my sewing room and take a long vacation.
Here are
pics of some of the doll clothes that
Pat has made: 
Aren't they all just lovely? I am totally inspired by the talent that I am finding at various blogs, and this is a good example of how talented people are. Thanks for sharing about yourself, Pat and for being my May Star.
6 comments:
Nice to meet you Pat! A lady after my own heart, I also like to use scraps. I am coming over to visit your Blog right now, best wishes Kath in England
Of course, from an old star to a new star. Hello Pat. Your story is very inspiring. I love re-purposing from scraps and used clothings including old knitted jumpers.
This one for Micki, good job Micki on Pat's interview. I love the idea of you choosing new star each month. It's totally orginal idea, I haven't seen it in any other blogs.
Lovely to get to know a bit more about Pat...a great interview Micki...and what a good idea...Dzintra ♥x
Hello,
I too love how you have the star thing now. I have met so many nice ladies through your blog. Pat, I know what you mean bout having more time to sew, that is my wish too.
Maggey
What a lovely lady Pat is Micki. Thanks so much for these monthly interviews. Maggi
Post a Comment