Saturday, April 18, 2009

Soulmate Heart Wallhanging Finished



I finally finished the Soulmate Heart Wallhanging. Joe took a pic of it on our bed while he was standing on a chair. That wasn't an easy feat for him, as Charlie yanked him yesterday on the sidewalk and he fell, so he is aching everywhere. It is impossible to have the camera catch the words that are machine embroidered in royal blue in each corner heart, but the words in the hearts are: Soulmate, Anam Cara, (which means soulmate in Gaelic), Forever, and Sweethearts. I machine embroidered flowers over the words, if you can see that. I will make a label for the wallhanging tomorrow, and give it a good steam ironing, and then hang it up on the wall. Joe is thrilled with it, so that made me happy.

We are enjoying our weekend. We had a lovely walk on Killahoey Beach, and we saw beautiful horses in the distance, as you can see by the pic.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!


10 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Your soulmate heart wallhanging is very very pretty and very special! How special this will be when you place it!
Wow, what a lovely beach you have! Very impressive with those houses in the back too.

Anonymous said...

Poor Joe.. hope he feels better soon..
Love the heart wall hanging.. very colorful.

Wilma said...

Micki, and Joe,

Your quilted heart wall hanging is very beautiful. The outside border is perfect. I hope you are soon feeling better Joe.

Wilma

Marie said...

Oh girlfriend the hearts are beautiful! So sorry Joe fell, Hope he does good. Love the beach picture too. take care, Hugs to you both, Marie

Lurline said...

Gorgeous wall hanging, Micki!I'm pleased Joe is okay - I had a fall while dog-walking nearly 5 years ago and it resulted in a prosthesis in my left arm and a permanent disability - so lucky I can still sew, though with great difficulty at times! I love the beach!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Nat Palaskas said...

The quilt looks gorgeous. You have done such a nice work Micki. How is Joe? Hope you've given him TLC - Natima

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

That - is - beautiful!

Simply beautiful.

And I hope your husband's aches/pains from falling, will disappear soon.

And yes, when I click on your picture, and enlarge it, it can be read! I even showed my husband... Who sits in a chair in this den, and reads the morning newspaper, while I have Net fun.

Not that _I_ do any such handiwork. But he is a dedicated woodworker. So appreciates someone else's artistic abilities.

'Aunt Amelia'

Maggi said...

Really beautiful Micki. Hope Joe is feeling a little less bruised by now. The horses on the beach is a stunning photo.

Kath said...

Lovely work, you must be very proud. Kath x

Sew Lind said...

Absolutely beautiful!