Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Productive Morning




I was working all morning on my machine embroidery projects. I finished a siggy block for Brenda in California. I decided to embroider a seal for the centre of the block, as several seals have been rescued at Killahoey Beach, which is the beach that we live near. I have posted the rescue of the seals in previous posts, and whenever an event is scheduled, the Irish Seal Sanctuary notifies us by email.
Second, I made another geisha block, and I really loved this one. The geisha is looking at her reflection in the mirror. I used Madeira crimson, red and black embroidery threads, and I just really enjoyed making it.

Last, I finished another large hexagon flower. It took me all last evening while I was watching tv shows like Criminal Minds.

After lunch, Joe and I will take our long walk, and we shall see what we land up doing for the rest of the day.

I think that my favorite day of the week has always been Saturday. Enjoy your day too!

10 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

How lovely is that seal Micki...and what a good job those rescuers are doing...Happy Reading, Dzintra♥

Jocelyn said...

Hi Micki,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. How did a Philly girl end up in Ireland??
Hope you have a great Saturday.

Jocelyn

http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/

Kath said...

Ooh I love your little seal. What an amazing place to live. Kath x

Cattinka said...

I love your new siggie, it is very cute! The hexagons look lovely everytime you show one, that is going to be a great quilt.
KATRIN W.

Miri said...

The Geisha block is just incredible...really beautiful and so like an antique Japanese woodblock print!

Anonymous said...

More beautiful things.. you totally blow me away with how much you get done in a day.

Nat Palaskas said...

Micki, indeed you had a productive morning (Saturday). Love your machine embroidery projects. You can write with that machine better than using a pen!!! Natima

Anonymous said...

Great stitching with that seal, i have never yet tried machine embroidery,

I have been busy with hexagones love your flower ones,
Its allways nice to see your posts with the beach as i still miss going down to the beach, your pictures allways remind me of my childhood time growing up by the sea,
Take care,

Sew Lind said...

Oh Micki, you've done some beautiful machine embroidery work! I love following your blog :-)

Carol said...

Micki that geisha is just beautiful. Great job.