Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hexagon Flower and A Lovely Summer's Day









Joe and I enjoyed a wonderful walk again on Killahoey Beach..We had a warm and sunny day today that reminded us of a summer's day. I came home and found tons of email from quilters who had joined the Bloggers Quilt Festival, and that was nice. I have been attending a virtual quilt show from the comfort of my chair at home. What glorious quilts I have seen!


I finished another hexagon flower, and tomorrow, I will begin a new jelly roll that I bought from The Fat Quarter Shop called Basket of Flowers which is from Mary Englebeit Collection for Moda Fabrics...you can see it in the pic provided. I will be able to finish the rest of the hexagon flowers with this jelly roll.

Also tomorrow, I complete my last machine embroidered geisha quilt block, and then I will start cutting out the strips for the sashing and borders. Lots to do there!
I leave on Friday for my quilt retreat, and so I only have 5 days to go. Thursday, right before my trip, Joe and I are going to Letterkenny for breakfast at The Quiet Moment. That is our favorite place to have breakfast.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

7 comments:

Cute as a button said...

Micki, Your quilt is stunning. I can't imagine taking on such a huge project. Where do you keep it since it's a king size?

Wanted to ask about your hexagons. I am planning on starting a hexagon project next week using a jellyroll. Do you use freezer paper, glue or ironing? What size are your hexagons? 2". I'm usually a machine quilter, but want a project I can take with me traveling.

Thanks for visiting my blog. My stepdaughter is in labor!!!

Melanie

Vicki H. said...

I love your jelly roll choice. I am looking forward to seeing the hexagons from it. I also can't believe that you have only one Geisha left. So much to look forward to. I think walking on the beach is lovely. I have been exercising indoors soon I will be able to get outside.

a good yarn said...

Lovely fabrics in your jelly roll and another beautiful hexagon flower. You live in such a beautiful place - how wonderful to be able to go walking and see such charming countryside/seaside. Enjoy your breakfast and have a wonderful time at quilt retreat!

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Anonymous said...

Your jelly roll looks so pretty.. can't wait to see how your blocks turn out.

Cattinka said...

Your beach looks gorgeous and so does your hexagon flower. I can´t beilieve the geisha quilt is coming to an end already, it seems you have just started embroidering the geishas.
KATRIN W.

Kerri said...

love the hexagons!! so lovely!!

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh wow...this red one is w-a-y cute!!!