Wednesday, April 8, 2009

SunBonnet Sue Wall Hanging With Minature Blocks




A friend of mine in the International Frienship Quilter Group, which you can see at
http://www.friendshipquilters.com/, told me about a Sunbonnet Sue Wallhanging that she was doing. The centre of the wall hanging has a delightful appliqued Sunbonnet Sue, and then surrounding the centre block are 23 miniature blocks. I have always wanted to do some miniature blocks, so I have signed up for the project. The last block will be given in October. I have to play catch up now, as the group is 9 blocks ahead of me, but I did the first two, and today bought some fabric for the next three blocks. Next week, I will finish the last four blocks to catch up with everyone. I am using mostly batiks with Michael Miller natural fairy frost for the background fabric. Since I have always wanted to do miniature blocks, I thought this would be a good challenge.
Well, I will squeeze this project between the others that I am working on, but this one is just a lot of fun. In the future, I will be doing a midget block quilt that you can see at http://sentimentalstitches.net/free-stuff/midget-blocks/. If you are interested in midget blocks, save these...There is going to be 187 blocks in the quilt, and right now , they are up to 87. The blocks are wonderful, and as soon as all 187 are on the site, I will begin the quilt.

Thank God, I just got new glasses, or all these plans of wee blocks would go out the window!LOL

10 comments:

Cattinka said...

Thank you so much for the link to the midget blocks. This is a great project, I guess I will not get board for a while...
Bye
KATRIN W.

Pam said...

Boy - there sure is a lot of stuff on the internet!! Is that Sun Bonnet Sue sitting at a computer? Very cute little project.

I went to the Midget block link - it looks good - but I think my Dear Jane will be enough small blocks for me - that is my 10 year project -LOL.

Natalija said...

It seems you are quite busy. Good luck with a new project :)

Nat Palaskas said...

Thanks for the midget blocks link, that could be a head start for Dear Jane quilt? I like Sun Bonnet Sue and yes, is she sitting in front of a computer?

Maggi said...

More new project! You are certainly not going to get bored. Had a look at the midget blocks - good luck, I wouldn't have the patience for that. Maggi

Marie said...

Busy ,busy gal! I love to see all the neat things you do, you sure can get me motivated. Have a great weekend girlfriend.Hugs to you and Joe, Marie

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow Micki...had a look at that site...what a wonderful quilt...You are going to have so much fun with that one...Hey I can't keep up with you Girl!!!

Simone de Klerk said...

Good luck with your new project. And even more luck with the other one you will start. What a beauty!!! How big (small) is each block?

Deb said...

Micki.. I am from connecting threads..love your mini SBS and know about those wonderful Midget blocks...they are very very small...sign of the times Sue has gone tech!!

Sew Lind said...

I really enjoyed following those links, maybe miniature is the way to go! Might see if I enjoy sewing up these tiny blocks :-) Love Sunbonnet Sue, funny to see her go high tech.
Glad your glasses are up to date, LOL ;-)