Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Geisha Quilt Top Finished


I put the sashing and the border on the geisha quilt. I laid it on the floor so Joe could stand on a chair to take the pic. Excuse the wrinkles, but it is impossible to straighten it out on a floor.LOL

I like the oriental fabrics that I used, and nothing can beat those that you can find at Shibori Dragon which you can see at http://www.shiboridragon.com/ I will take the top to the guild tomorrow night to pin the layers together and then baste the layers together. I know that some of the gals will help me do that. That will be the last quilting bee till the quilting retreat this weekend.
I won't do the machine quilting till I get back, so that will have to wait till next week. I don't want to rush it. Well, I will take my long walk with Joe, probably on the beach, and then relax and read a bit...There is nothing like a cup of coffee, a comfortable lounge chair, and a good book.

22 comments:

Sew Lind said...

Wow, what delicious fabric to complement the gorgeous Geishas! Have fun tomorrow night!

Annika said...

It´s very nice! Good job!

Marie said...

Girlfriend, that is so beautiful, love the sashing just is so perfect.Have a good time at your retreat. Maybe I will have some sewing to share with you by the time you get back. Today is taking granddaughter to her iceskating lesson after school. Hugs, Marie

Quilter Going Bananas said...

It's breathtaking Micki! Border fabric is a perfect finish. Give yourself a big pat on the back.

Have fun at the quilt retreat this weekend you lucky duck!

Unknown said...

I love it! It's very delicate looking. I did a victorian quilt, well I called it that and I framed the prints. It turned out better than expected. I am always surprised at the end of my making a quilt...
Isn't the festival great?

Simone de Klerk said...

This is just fabulous. I liked the blocks you showed us, but this is even better. Wonderful job, Micki!

Cattinka said...

The gals at the guild are going to envy you for this gorgeous quilt. You did a great job.
Hugs
KATIRN W:

Dionne said...

It's so wonderful to see it all come together! Especially as we've watched each block blossom!
Cheers,
Dionne
PS - word verification: ePlay
Too funny!

scraphappy said...

The fabrics you chose for your Geisha Quilt are just delicious. The colors in the border really pull out the block colors well. This will make a lovely quilt.

Carol said...

Looks fabulous already. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece

Maggi said...

This is gorgeous Micki. You put it together so quickly too.

Anonymous said...

Love it!! everything matches perfectly

andsewon said...

That is just so very pretty! You are so going to have such a fun weekend!!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Love the geisha quilt...and love the story behind your favorite quilt. I would so love to do one of these detailed quilts. I am really hoping to do a blue and white one using my African Schwe schwe. Think it would be so pretty, loved seeing what you have been up to. The hexes....just always call to me as you know.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lovely Micki...and yes, nothing like a chair, a coffee and a good book to get immersed in...Dzintra

Nat Palaskas said...

Congratulation. I bet you are please. Very creative blocks you did such a great job - Natima

Annelies said...

Wow Micki, this is a very beautiful top !!

Browndirtcottage said...

YEAH...another wonderful completion!!! Careful standing on those chairs Joe!!

a good yarn said...

Your geisha blocks look so lovely all pieced together. Well done!

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Kerri said...

what a lovely quilt!! the geishas are beautiful!!

Four Smiles said...

What a lovely quilt! A job well done - stunning
Cheers Erica

~ Phyllis ~ said...

It's beautiful. I knew it would be.
Great job. You should be very proud of yourself.