Friday, April 17, 2009

Heart Wall Hanging


I finally put the hearts together. I used Michael Miller's fairy frost in a pearly pink for the sashing, as I wanted the hearts to be floating. Then I got the best idea for the border. I put the border on already, but it is not in the pic. I machine embroidered more hearts in the border at each corner, and put flowers and sayings in each that are very sentimental to Joe and me like: Soulmates, Anam Cara, etc. I am working on machine embroidering the hearts now. I did two of the corner hearts and will finish the other two this morning. I will get the batting today in the quilt shop, and I should have it done by the end of the weekend and will post the final pic. The border fabric is a medium pink fabric and the hearts in the border are a darker pink...I have some smaller hearts that I am embellishing, and I have to admit that I am enjoying the whole process. Joe is so excited about it, and that makes it the more special. It will go in our bedroom of course, and I can't wait to start working on it again this morning. I can't wait to show you the border, as it really completed it so nicely!
I have one week till my quilting retreat, and I can't believe it!
Oh, I also found this great blog that has all this free stuff on it, like tutorials, patterns, etc. It is located at http://freebiesforcrafters.blogspot.com/ I am sure that you will find something that you like. I thought it was great!

13 comments:

Kath said...

Aw, you too are so romantic! Can't wait to see the finished work. I'm off to check out the link you gave, sounds exciting. Kath x

Sew Lind said...

Those hearts are beautiful, can't wait to see the finished details :-)

Maggi said...

This is gorgeous Micki and so appropriate for you two. Can't wait to see it finished.

Cattinka said...

What a lovely wallhanging, I might just borrow your idea for that one if you don´t mind. Can´t wait to see the finished quilt
KATRIN W.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I can't wait to see this one finished...all sounds sooooo very romantic...thanks for the link...have a great weekend. And thank you for popping over to My Dolce Vita with your lovely comments...Dzintra ♥

Natalija said...

Love love love love the colors!!!!!!!! :)

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I gasped out loud when I looked at the pic of the hearts, it's so beautiful Micki!

Also love the pic of your 2 Aussie pals toasting a drink to you :^)

Nat Palaskas said...

WOW, WOW, lot of people likes hearts that including me. Love pink hearts very romantice like you and Jo. Can't wait to see when it finished - Natima

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting me in Canada. Isn't the world of blogging great? We meet so many people and have a great time doing it.
I'll be back...

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Simone de Klerk said...

Such a gorgeous quilt top, Micki! And I love the idea of putting those words/expressions in it to make it even more special!
Thank you for the link.
Have a lovely weekend!

andsewon said...

Micki,
That is so beautiful in fabrics and sentiment for you and Joe!!
look forward to seeing the finished wall quilt!
Thanks for the link will check it out!!
Lola

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh...Hearts....Hearts everywhere!! You did 'good' on your hearts girl!
Oh WOW...a retreat...wish I could come too...sniff!....OH...I have 'tons' of frequent flyer miles!!! When and Where did you say that retreat was..???